These Stocks Buzzed on Trading Screens Today
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated (NYSE:DGX): Shares of Quest Diagnostics Incorporated closed higher 10.83% today following the company’s latest earnings release. Quest Diagnostics Incorporated provides diagnostic testing, information, and services. The Company operates a national network of full-service laboratories, rapid response laboratories, and patient service centers. Quest Diagnostics provides esoteric testing, routine medical testing, drugs of abuse testing, and non-hospital-based anatomicpathology testing.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated (NYSE:TXN): Shares of Texas Instruments Incorporated closed lower over 2% today following yesterday’s earnings release. Texas Instruments Incorporated is a global semiconductor company that designs and supplies analog technologies, digital signal processing (DSP) and microcontroller (MCU) semiconductors. The Company also operates materials and controls, and educational and productivity solutions businesses. Texas Instruments has manufacturing or sales operations in countries around the world.
- United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE:UPS): Shares of United Parcel Service, Inc. closed lower over 2% today as the company continued a positive earnings streak. United Parcel Service, Inc.(NYSE:UPS) delivers packages and documents throughout the United States and in other countries and territories. The Company also provides global supply chain services and less-than-truckload transportation, primarily in the U.S. UPS’s business consists of integrated air and ground pick-up and delivery network
- 3M Company (NYSE:MMM): Shares of 3M Company closed lower over 6% today after disappointing investors. 3M Co. conducts operations in electronics, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and office, health care, safety, and other markets. The Company’s businesses share technologies, manufacturing operations, brands, marketing channels, and other resources. 3M serves customers in countries located around the world.
- Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UA): Shares of Under Armour, Inc. closed higher 5% today as the company delivered very impressive double-digit quarterly revenue growth to shareholders. Under Armour, Inc. develops, markets, and distributes branded performance products for men, women, and youth. The Company designs and sells a broad offering of apparel and accessories made of synthetic microfibers.
- Healthways, Inc. (NASDAQ:HWAY): Shares of Healthways, Inc. closed lower over 43% today as Cigna announced it will be reducing its contract. Healthways, Inc. provides specialized, comprehensive diabetes and cardiac disease management services to physicians, health plans, and hospitals.
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company (NYSE:DD): Shares of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company closed lower over 2.5% today as revenues rose 32% in its latest quarterly report. E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company is a global chemical and life sciences company, with businesses that include agriculture and industrial biotechnology, chemistry, biology, materials science and manufacturing. The Company operates globally and offers a wide range of products and services for markets including agriculture and food, building and construction, electronics and communications.
- Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI): Shares of Cummins Inc. closed lower over 5% today after delivering a very solid quarterly report. Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes and services diesel and natural gas engines. The Company also manufactures electric power generation systems and engine-related component products, including filtration and exhaust aftertreatment, fuel systems, controls, and air handling systems.
- CIT Group Inc. (NYSE:CIT): Shares of CIT Group Inc. closed lower over 3% today. CIT Group Inc. operates as a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides lending, advisory, commercial banking, vendor finance, and leasing services to small and middle market businesses. CIT Group operates globally.
- PACCAR Inc (NASDAQ:PCAR): Shares of PACCAR Inc closed lower over 2% today after shareholders took profits on shares today. PACCAR Inc designs, develops, manufactures, and distributes light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks, and related aftermarket distribution of parts. The Company also offers finance and leasing services to its customers and dealers.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>