These Stocks Climbed to 52-Week Highs As S&P Closes Above 1,350
Here are stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Pepsico, Inc. (NYSE:PEP): Up 0.3% to $70.03. PepsiCo, Inc. operates worldwide beverage, snack and food businesses. The Company manufacture or uses contract manufacturers, market and sell a variety of grain-based snacks, carbonated and non-carbonated beverages and foods in countries throughout the world.
- Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN): Up 1.56% to $203.94. Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
- British American Tobacco plc (AMEX:BTI): Up 1.57% to $89.32. British American Tobacco PLC is the holding company for a group of companies that manufacture, market and sell cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and roll-your-own tobacco.
- Altria Group Inc. (NYSE:MO): Up 0.11% to $27.17. Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and pipe tobacco. Altria holds an interest in a brewery company.
- Unitedhealth Group, Inc. (NYSE:UNH): Up 0.08% to $50.51. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated owns and manages organized health systems in the United States and internationally. The Company provides employers products and resources to plan and administer employee benefit programs. UnitedHealth also serves the health needs of older Americans, provides specialized care services, and provides health care information and research to providers and payers.
- Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO): Up 0.89% to $83.64. Diageo plc produces, distills and markets alcoholic beverages. The Company’s premium drinks brands include Smirnoff, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Seagrams, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Baileys, Harp, and Guinness Stout.
- Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE:UNP): Up 1.97% to $104.49. Union Pacific Corporation is a rail transportation company. The Company’s railroad hauls a variety of goods, including agricultural, automotive, and chemical products. Union Pacific offersslong-haul routes from all major West Coast and Gulf Coast ports to eastern gateways as well as connects with Canada’s rail systems and serves the major gateways to Mexico.
- LM Ericsson Telephone Co. (NASDAQ:ERIC): Up 1.52% to $15.38. Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson develops and manufactures products for wired and mobile communications in public and private networks. The Company produces mobile telephones through its Sony Ericsson joint venture. Ericsson manufactures and installs wired and wireless communications systems, wireless microwave links, call center equipment, microelectronics, and radar systems.
- Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY): Up 0.44% to $38.72. Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products for humans and animals. The Company’s products are sold in countries around the world. Eli Lilly’s products include neuroscience products, endocrine products, anti-infectives, cardiovascular agents, oncology products, and animal health products.
- DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV): Up 1.43% to $49.74. DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The Company acquires, promotes, sells and distributes digital entertainment programming via satellite to residential and commercial subscribers.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST): Up 1.02% to $82.23. Costco Wholesale Corporation operates wholesale membership warehouses in multiple countries. The Company sells all kinds of food, automotive supplies, toys, hardware, sporting goods, jewelry, electronics, apparel, health and beauty aids, as well as other goods.
- National Grid plc (NYSE:NGG): Up 2.13% to $51.75. National Grid PLC owns, operates and develops electricity and gas networks. The Group’s electricity transmission and gas distribution networks are located throughout the United Kingdom and in the north-eastern section of the United States. They also own liquefied natural gas storage facilities in Britain and provide infrastructure services to the mobile telecom industry.
- Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE:SPG): Up 1.43% to $117.40. Simon Property Group, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed, real estate investment trust. The Company owns, develops, and manages retail real estate properties including regional malls, outlet centers, community/lifestyle centers, and international properties.
- Southern Company (NYSE:SO): Up 0.48% to $39.91. Southern Company is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, wholesales, and retails electricity in the southeastern United States. The Company also offers wireless telecommunications services, and provides businesses with two-way radio, telephone, paging, and Internet access services as well as wholesales fiber optic solutions.
- Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX): Up 0.22% to $59.05. Baxter International Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets products and technologies related to hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma and other chronic and acute medical conditions. The Company’s products are used by hospitals, kidney dialysis centers, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, doctors’ offices, and research laboratories.