Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 50 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A): Down 5.92% to $29.40. Agilent Technologies, Inc. provides core bio-analytical and electronic measurement solutions to the communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis industries. The Company’s operations include electronic measurement, bio-analytical measurement, semiconductor and board testing.
- Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA): Down 7% to $8.90. Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE:ADM): Down 2.62% to $24.16. Archer-Daniels-Midland Company procures, transports, stores, processes, and merchandises agricultural commodities and products. The Company processes oilseeds, corn, milo, oats, barley, peanuts, and wheat. Archer-Daniels-Midland also processes produce products which have primarily two end uses including food or feed ingredients.
- Agrium Inc. (NYSE:AGU): Down 3.86% to $64.09. Agrium Inc. supplies nitrogen, potash and phosphate for agricultural, industrial, and specialty use. The Company operates throughout the America’s while it markets its products globally.
- American International Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG): Down 6.79% to $20.46. American International Group, Inc. is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries provides a varied range of insurance and insurance-related activities in the United States and abroad. The Company’s main activities include both general insurance and life insurance & retirement services operations as well as financial services and asset management.
- Applied Materials Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT): Down 4.92% to $9.85. Applied Materials, Inc. develops, manufactures, markets, and services semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment and related spare parts for the worldwide semiconductor industry. The Company’s customers include semiconductor wafer and integrated circuit manufacturers, flat panel liquid crystal displays, solar photovoltaic cells and modules and other electronic devices manufacturers.
- Apache Corp. (NYSE:APA): Down 4.66% to $76.50. Apache Corporation is an independent energy company. The Company explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company has operations in North America, onshore Egypt, offshore Western Australia, offshore the United Kingdom in the North Sea (North Sea), and onshore Argentina, as well as on the Chilean side of the island of Tierra del Fuego.
- Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (NYSE:APD): Down 3.27% to $73.87. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. produces industrial gas and related industrial process equipment. The Company also produces and markets polymer chemicals, performance chemicals, and chemical intermediates. Air Products recovers and distributes oxygen, nitrogen, argon, hydrogen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, synthesis gas, and helium, as well as medical and specialty gases.
- Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC): Down 9.64% to $5.53. Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
- Banco Bradesco S.A. (NYSE:BBD): Down 2.57% to $14.41. Banco Bradesco S.A. attracts deposits and offers commercial banking services. The Bank offers business loans, personal credit, mortgages, lease financing, mutual funds, securities brokerage, and Internet banking services. Bradesco operates in Brazil and Argentina, the United States, the Cayman Islands, and the United Kingdom. Bradesco offers credit cards, insurance, and pension funds.
- BHP Billiton plc (NYSE:BBL): Down 3.35% to $51.30. BHP Billiton Plc is an international resources company. The Company’s principal business lines are mineral exploration and production, including coal, iron ore, gold, titanium, ferroalloys, nickel and copper concentrate, as well as petroleum exploration, production, and refining.
- Banco de Chile (NYSE:BCH): Down 4.61% to $66.63. Banco de Chile attracts deposits and offers retail and commercial banking services. The Bank offers credit, mortgage loans, co-branded credit cards, securities brokerage services, mutual funds, factoring, insurance, and investment products. Banco de Chile operates a network of branches in Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and the United States.
- B Communications Ltd (NASDAQ:BCOM): Down 5.54% to $15.36. B Communications Ltd., through a subsidiary, offers telecommunications services. The Company offers domestic, international and cellular telephone; broadband Internet access; multi-channel television; leased line; and corporate network services. B Communications operates in Israel.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (NYSE:BDX): Down 3.38% to $70.84. Becton, Dickinson and Company manufactures and sells a variety of medical supplies and devices and diagnostic systems. The Company’s products are used by health care professionals, medical research institutions, and the general public. Becton’s products are marketed worldwide.
- Franklin Resources Inc. (NYSE:BEN): Down 5.5% to $90.38. Franklin Resources, Inc. provides investment advisory services to mutual fund, retirement, institutional/separate accounts and high net worth investors. The Company manages various asset classes including domestic, international/global and emerging markets equity, domestic, international and municipal fixed income, money funds, alternative investments, and hedge funds.
- BHP Billiton Ltd. (NYSE:BHP): Down 3.04% to $64.42. BHP Billiton Limited is an international resources company. The Company’s principal business lines are mineral exploration and production, including coal, iron ore, gold, titanium, ferroalloys, nickel and copper concentrate, as well as petroleum exploration, production, and refining.
- The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE:BK): Down 4.68% to $17.72. Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (BNY Mellon) is a global financial services company. The Company provides financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services.
- The Blackstone Group (NYSE:BX): Down 5.59% to $11.31. The Blackstone Group LP is a global alternative asset manager and provider of financial advisory services. The firm’s asset management businesses include the management of corporate private equity funds, real estate funds, mezzanine funds, proprietary hedge funds and closed-end mutual funds. Blackstone also provides M&A and reorganization advisory, as well as private placement services.
- Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE:C): Down 9.8% to $23.11. Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
- Cameron International Corporation (NYSE:CAM): Down 3.42% to $40.12. Cameron International Corporation manufactures oil and gas pressure control equipment, including valves, wellheads, chokes, and assembled systems. The Company’s equipment is used for oil and gas drilling, production, and transmission in onshore, offshore, and subsea applications. Cameron also produces gas turbines, centrifugal gas and air compressors, and other products.
- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Down 4.46% to $70.55. Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
- Cia Energetica de Minas Gerais (NYSE:CIG): Down 2.56% to $14.46. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais- CEMIG generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in the Brazilian State of Minas Gerais. Cemig serves industrial, commercial, residential, and rural customers. The Company generates electricity primarily through hydroelectric plants.
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited (NYSE:CNQ): Down 5.74% to $27.59. Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. acquires, explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and related products. The Company operates in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, northeastern British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Canadian Natural also operates in areas which have access for exploration activities and where pipeline systems already exist.
- EI DuPont de Nemours & Co. (NYSE:DD): Down 3.7% to $38.49. E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company is a global chemical and life sciences company, with businesses that include agriculture and industrial biotechnology, chemistry, biology, materials science and manufacturing. The Company operates globally and offers a wide range of products and services for markets including agriculture and food, building and construction, electronics and communications.
- Deere & Company (NYSE:DE): Down 4.41% to $61.72. Deere & Company manufactures and distributes a range of agricultural, construction and forestry, and commercial and consumer equipment. The Company supplies replacement parts for its own products and for those of other manufacturers. Deere also provides product and parts financing services.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>