These Stocks Exploded to 52-Week Highs as Markets Charged Upward
Here are 23 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM): Up 0.68% to $184.90. International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company’s solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products through its global sales and distribution organization, as well as through a variety of third party distributors and resellers. IBM Earnings Cheat Sheet: Rising Revenue Helps Margins Expand, Profit Rises>>
- Chevron Corp. (NYSE:CVX): Up 2.18% to $109.43. Chevron Corporation is an integrated energy company with operations in countries located around the world. The Company produces and transports crude oil and natural gas. Chevron also refines, markets, and distributes fuels as well as is involved in chemical operations, mining operations, power generation and energy services.
- Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE:PM): Up 4.84% to $71.49. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, affiliates and their licensees, produces, sells, distributes, and markets a wide range of branded cigarettes and tobacco products in markets outside of the United States of America. The Company’s portfolio comprises both international and local brands.
- British American Tobacco plc (AMEX:BTI): Up 2.77% to $92.30. British American Tobacco PLC is the holding company for a group of companies that manufacture, market and sell cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and roll-your-own tobacco.
- McDonald’s Corp. (NYSE:MCD): Up 0.31% to $86.54. McDonald’s Corporation operates and franchises fast-food restaurants worldwide. The Company’s franchised and company operated fast food restaurants offer a variety of low price fast foods in locations around the world.
- Halliburton Company (NYSE:HAL): Up 3% to $56.93. Halliburton Company provides energy services and engineering and construction services, as well as manufactures products for the energy industry. The Company offers services and products and integrated solutions to customers in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY): Up 2.32% to $29.56. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company is a global biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and sells pharmaceutical and nutritional products. The Company’s products and experimental therapies address cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis, organ transplant rejection and psychiatric disorders.
- Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY): Up 3.01% to $39.32. Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products for humans and animals. The Company’s products are sold in countries around the world. Eli Lilly’s products include neuroscience products, endocrine products, anti-infectives, cardiovascular agents, oncology products, and animal health products.
- Colgate-Palmolive Co. (NYSE:CL): Up 0.5% to $89.00. Colgate-Palmolive Company is a consumer products company that markets its products throughout the world. The Company’s products include toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoos, deodorants, bar and liquid soaps, dishwashing liquid, and laundry products, as well as pet nutrition products for cats and dogs.
- Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE:SPG): Up 0.64% to $121.27. Simon Property Group, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed, real estate investment trust. The Company owns, develops, and manages retail real estate properties including regional malls, outlet centers, community/lifestyle centers, and international properties. Simon Property Group, Inc. Second Quarter Earnings Preview>>
- Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX): Up 2.6% to $62.41. Baxter International Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets products and technologies related to hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma and other chronic and acute medical conditions. The Company’s products are used by hospitals, kidney dialysis centers, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, doctors’ offices, and research laboratories.
- Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE:BHI): Up 1.2% to $79.50. Baker Hughes Incorporated supplies reservoir-centered products, services, and systems to the worldwide oil and gas industry. The Company provides products and services for oil and gas exploration, drilling, completion, and production. Baker Hughes also manufactures and markets a variety of roller cutter bits and fixed cutter diamond bits.
- Gilead Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD): Up 2.85% to $42.98. Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes therapeutics to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. The Company’s primary arees of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver disease and serious cardiovascular and respiratory conditions.
- Exelon Corp. (NYSE:EXC): Up 0.69% to $43.93. Exelon Corporation is a utility services holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries distributes electricity to customers in Illinois and Pennsylvania. Exelon also distributes gas to customers in the Philadelphia area as well as operates nuclear power plants in states that include Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D): Up 1.5% to $50.00. Dominion Resources, Inc., a diversified utility holding company, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The Company produces, transports, distributes, and markets natural gas to customers in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB): Up 1.25% to $67.81. Kimberly-Clark Corporation is a global health and hygiene company that manufactures and provides consumer products. The Company’s products include diapers, tissues, paper towels, incontinence care products, surgical gowns, and disposable face masks. Kimberly-Clark’s products are sold in countries around the world.
- MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MHS): Up 14.43% to $63.83. Medco Health Solutions, Inc. is a pharmacy benefit manager. The Company provides programs and services for its clients and the members of their pharmacy benefit plans, and for the physicians and pharmacies the members use.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co. Ltd. (NYSE:SHG): Up 2.6% to $101.33. Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd., a holding company, provides a full range of consumer and commercial banking-related financial services. The company’s main businesses include banking, securities brokerage, trust banking, and assets management to individuals, businesses, and other financial institutions.
- Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGAA (NYSE:FMS): Up 0.66% to $77.82. Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA offers kidney dialysis services and manufactures and distributes equipment and products used in the treatment of dialysis patients. The Company also offers clinical laboratory testing and diagnostic testing services and provides home infusion, respiratory therapy, ultrasound, and echo-cardiography. Fresenius operates worldwide.
- The TJX Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TJX): Up 0.72% to $56.33. The TJX Companies, Inc. is an off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the United States and worldwide. The Company operates off-price retail concepts in the U.S., Canada and Europe that offer a wide range of brand name and designer merchandise.
- Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (NYSE:EL): Up 1.04% to $107.24. The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. manufactures and markets a wide range of skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products. The Company’s products are sold in countries and territories around the world.
- Public Storage (NYSE:PSA): Up 1.57% to $122.94. Public Storage is a real estate investment trust. The trust’s principal business activities include the acquisition, development, ownership and operation of self-storage facilities in the United States. Public Storage also own an equity interest in an owner and operator of self-storage facilities in Europe.
- CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS): Up 1.7% to $29.23. CBS Corporation is a multimedia company that operates broadcasting, television production, and publishing businesses. The Company operates television and radio stations, produces and syndicates television programs, publishes books, provides online content as well as provides outdoor advertising.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>