These Stocks Hit 52-Week Lows as Markets Were Confused By Debt Ceiling Talk
Here are 10 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Down 2.38% to $2.87. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries.
- CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE:CX): Up 0.14% to $7.36. Cemex SAB de CV is a building products company. The Company produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials. Cemex operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- HCA Inc. (NYSE:HCA): Up 0.25% to $28.04. HCA Holdings, Inc. operates hospitals. The Company operates acute care hospitals, outpatient facilities, clinics and other patient care delivery settings. HCA operates hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Huaneng Power International Inc. (NYSE:HNP): Down 1.25% to $19.83. Huaneng Power International, Inc. develops, constructs, owns and operates coal-fired power plants throughout China.
- Jefferies Group Inc. (NYSE:JEF): Down 2.23% to $19.72. Jefferies Group, Inc. is an independent, full-service global securities and investment banking firm. The Company provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, including M&A and restructuring, as well as institutional brokerage in equity, equity-linked, high yield and other fixed income securities, along with fundamental research and asset management.
- Lennox International, Inc. (NYSE:LII): Down 9.07% to $37.48. Lennox International Inc. provides climate control solutions in countries located around the world. The Company designs, manufactures, and markets heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment. Lennox markets its products under brand names such as Lennox, Armstrong Air, Ducane, Bohn, Larkin, Advanced Distributor Products, Service Experts and others.
- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE:LUV): Down 1.17% to $10.12. Southwest Airlines Co. is a domestic airline that provides primarily short-haul, high-frequency, point-to-point service. The Company offers flights throughout the United States.
- ProShares UltraShort QQQ (NYSE:QID): Down 0.35% to $45.82. UltraShort QQQ ProShares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the NASDAQ-100 Index
- Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE:SID): Down 1.63% to $10.88. Companhia Siderurgica Nacional S.A. (CSN) manufactures iron and steel in Brazil. The Company operates mines, an integrated steel mill, service centers, ports, and railroads. CSN manufactures and distributes hot-rolled, cold-rolled, and galvanized steel products to the automobile, auto parts, civil construction, electrical equipment, and packaging industries.
- United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:UAL): Down 0.9% to $18.76. United Continental Holdings Inc. is an airline holding company. The Company owns and operates airlines that transports persons, property and mail throughout the United Statesand abroad.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>