Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts either upgraded or downgraded the shares on September 12th.
- Given Imaging (NASDAQ:GIVN): Maxim Group upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $21. About the company: Given Imaging Ltd. has developed the Given imaging diagnostic system. The Company’s product is a proprietary wireless imaging system that allows a medical professional to examine the gastrointestinal tract. Given’s system uses a miniaturized video camera contained in a capsule that is ingested by the patient and delivers color images in a painless and noninvasive manner.
- Watts Ind (NYSE:WTS): Longbow upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target to $34. About the company: Watts Water Technologies, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells a line of products to the water regulation and control markets. The Company has manufacturing plants and distribution channels in the United States, Canada, and Europe, as well as a joint venture in The People’s Republic of China.
- Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN): Auriga upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target from $21 to $24. About the company: Myriad Genetics, Inc. develops and markets molecular diagnostic products to provide physicians with information to help guide the care of their patients, to prevent disease, delay the onset of disease, or catch disease at an early stage.
- Investors Real Estate Trust (NASDAQ:IRET): Robert W. Baird upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Outperform and changed its price target to $9. About the company: Investors Real Estate Trust is a Real Estate Investment Trust, which is structured as an umbrella real estate investment trust. The company owns and operates residential, commercial, retail, and office properties. Investors Real Estate Trust also has investments in mortgages and contracts for deeds secured by real estate.
- VimpelCom (NYSE:VIP): HSBC Securities upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Overweight and changed its price target from $14.5 to $12.5. About the company: VimpelCom Ltd. provides telecom services. The Company offers wireless, mobile voice, fixed line, data, and internet services. VimpleCom operates in Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Armenia, Tajikistan, Georgia, Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Cree (NASDAQ:CREE): Wunderlich downgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Sell and changed its price target from $34 to $25. About the company: Cree, Inc. develops and manufactures semiconductor materials and electronic devices made from silicon carbide (SiC). The Company uses proprietary technology to make enabling compound semiconductors such as blue and green light emitting diodes, SiC crystals used in the production of unique gemstones, and SiC wafers that are sold for device production and research.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>