Here are stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months:
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Down 1.31% to $267.26. Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations.
- Unilever plc (NYSE:UL): Down 1.2% to $32.20. Unilever PLC manufactures branded and packaged consumer goods, including food, detergents, fragrances, home and personal care products.
- British American Tobacco plc (AMEX:BTI): Down 0.54% to $89.86. British American Tobacco PLC is the holding company for a group of companies that manufacture, market and sell cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and roll-your-own tobacco.
- Altria Group Inc. (NYSE:MO): Down 0.5% to $27.92. Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and pipe tobacco. Altria holds an interest in a brewery company.
- Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO): Down 1.03% to $84.21. Diageo plc produces, distills and markets alcoholic beverages. The Company’s premium drinks brands include Smirnoff, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Seagrams, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Baileys, Harp, and Guinness Stout.
- Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE:UNP): Down 3.92% to $100.86. Union Pacific Corporation is a rail transportation company. The Company’s railroad hauls a variety of goods, including agricultural, automotive, and chemical products. Union Pacific offersslong-haul routes from all major West Coast and Gulf Coast ports to eastern gateways as well as connects with Canada’s rail systems and serves the major gateways to Mexico.
- VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW): Down 1.44% to $95.92. VMware, Inc. provides virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center. The Company’s solution products addresses a range of IT problems, which includes cost and operational inefficiencies, business continuity, software lifecycle management and desktop management.
- TransCanada Corp. (NYSE:TRP): Down 1.78% to $44.03. TransCanada Corporation is the parent company of TransCanada PipeLines Limited. The Company is focused on natural gas transmission and power services. TransCanada’s network of pipeline transports the majority of Western Canada’s natural gas production to markets in Canada and the United States. The Company also has interests in power plants in Canada and the United States.
- BT Group plc (NYSE:BT): Down 1.05% to $32.98. BT Group plc provides telecommunications services. The Company provides local and long-distance telephone call products and services in the UK, international telephone calls to and from the UK, broadband network solutions and web hosting to corporate customers, network ADSL, ISDN, and IP services to communication companies and narrowband and broadband internet access and related services.
- Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS): Down 3.18% to $84.83. Citrix Systems, Inc. designs, develops, and markets technology solutions that allow applications to be delivered, supported, and shared on-demand. The Company develops and markets comprehensive solutions across all dimensions of application, server and desktop virtualization as well as application and network optimization.
- Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS): Down 1.61% to $63.48. Novartis AG manufactures pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare products. The Company produces pharmaceuticals for cardiovascular, respiratory and infectious diseases; oncology, neuroscience, transplantation, dermatology, gastrointestinal and urinary conditions, and arthritis; vaccines and diagnostics; vision, and animal health products.
- Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM): Down 0.77% to $79.91. Humana Inc. is a managed health care company with medical members located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company offers coordinated health care through health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, point-of-service plans, and administrative services products. Humana offers its products to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
- CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI): Down 1.42% to $49.18. CIGNA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides group life and health insurance, managed care products and services, retirement products and services, and individual financial services worldwide. The Company also sells individual life and health insurance and annuity products in selected international locations.
- Ecolab Inc. (NYSE:ECL): Down 1.09% to $54.28. Ecolab Inc. develops and markets products and services for the hospitality, institutional, and industrial markets. The Company provides cleaning, sanitizing, pest elimination, and maintenance products, systems, and services. Ecolab provides its services to hotels and restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, light industry, and other customers located worldwide.
Advantage: Check out our interactive stock charts, fundamentals, Twitter stream, and more >>