These Stocks Scored 52-Week Highs as Heat Bulls Playoffs Light Up
Here are stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM): Up 1.76% to $55.62. Yum! Brands, Inc, owns and franchises quick-service restaurants worldwide. The Company develops, operates, franchises and licenses a worldwide system of restaurants which prepare, package and sell a menu of food items.
- Allergan Inc. (NYSE:AGN): Up 2.96% to $83.95. Allergan, Inc. is a multi-specialty health care company that discovers, develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals, biologics and medical devices. The Company develops products for the ophthalmic, neurological, medical aesthetics, medical dermatology, breast aesthetics, obesity intervention, urological and other specialty markets in countries around the world.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (NYSE:TMO): Up 1.39% to $62.74. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. manufactures scientific instruments, consumables, and chemicals. The Company offers analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables, reagents, chemicals, and supplies to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions, and government agencies.
- ACE Limited (NYSE:ACE): Up 1.11% to $69.35. ACE Limited is the holding company for the ACE Group of Companies, a property and casualty insurance business. The Group provides a diversified range of products and services to clients through operations in countries around the world. ACE provides specialty insurance and reinsurance products.
- McKesson Corporation (NYSE:MCK): Up 2.48% to $86.88. McKesson Corporation distributes pharmaceuticals, medical-surgical supplies, and and health and beauty care products throughout North America. The Company also develops, implements, and supports software that facilitates the integration of data throughout the health enterprise. In addition, McKesson offers analytic, care management, and patient solutions for payers.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (NYSE:BDX): Up 1.67% to $89.47. Becton, Dickinson and Company manufactures and sells a variety of medical supplies and devices and diagnostic systems. The Company’s products are used by health care professionals, medical research institutions, and the general public. Becton’s products are marketed worldwide.
- The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB): Up 0.8% to $65.85. The Chubb Corporation, a holding company, offers property and casualty insurance, which includes personal, standard commercial and specialty commercial insurance. The Company provides insurance coverage principally in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and parts of Latin America and Asia.
- HCA Inc. (NYSE:HCA): Up 1.53% to $35.07. HCA Holdings, Inc. operates hospitals. The Company operates acute care hospitals, outpatient facilities, clinics and other patient care delivery settings. HCA operates hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (NYSE:PEG): Up 0.33% to $33.93. Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, and distributes electricity and produces natural gas in in the Northeastern and Mid Atlantic United States.
- HJ Heinz Co. (NYSE:HNZ): Up 0.98% to $53.40. H.J. Heinz Company manufactures and markets processed food products throughout the world. The Company’s principal products include ketchup, condiments and sauces, frozen food, soups, beans and pasta meals, infant nutrition and other processed food products.
- Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET): Up 3.06% to $45.41. Aetna Inc. is a diversified health care benefits company that provides healthcare and related benefits, serving health care members, dental members, and group insurance customers. The Company offers medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities and health care management services for Medicaid plans.
- PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL): Down 0.14% to $28.15. PPL Corporation is an energy and utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in the northeastern and western United States, and markets wholesale and retail energy primarily in the northeastern and western portions of the United States, and delivers electricity in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
- Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO): Up 0.75% to $112.90. Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.
- The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR): Up 0.2% to $25.36. The Kroger Co. operates supermarkets and convenience stores in the United States. The Company also manufactures and processes some of the foods that its supermarkets sell.
- Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE:CAH): Up 1.7% to $45.54. Cardinal Health, Inc. provides complementary products and services to healthcare providers and manufacturers. The Company’s services include pharmaceutical distribution, health-care product manufacturing, distribution and consulting services, drug delivery systems development, pharmaceutical packaging, automated dispensing systems manufacturing, and retail pharmacy franchising.