These Stocks Scored 52-Week Highs Like Miami’s Bosh James Wade Win
Here are stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (NYSE:EL): Up 4.57% to $102.54. The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. manufactures and markets a wide range of skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products. The Company’s products are sold in countries and territories around the world.
- HCA Inc. (NYSE:HCA): Up 0.7% to $34.49. HCA Holdings, Inc. operates hospitals. The Company operates acute care hospitals, outpatient facilities, clinics and other patient care delivery settings. HCA operates hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- TELUS Corporation (NYSE:TU): Up 1.25% to $51.90. Telus Corporation is a telecommunications company providing a variety of communications products and services. The Company provides voice, data, Internet, and wireless services to businesses and consumers in Canada.
- Sysco Corp. (NYSE:SYY): Up 10.73% to $31.57. Sysco Corporation distributes food and related products primarily to the foodservice industry. The Company also distributes personal care guest amenities, housekeeping supplies, room accessories, and textiles to the lodging industry.
- Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO): Up 0.38% to $109.03. Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.
- Empresa Nacional de Electricidad S.A. (NYSE:EOC): Up 1.6% to $57.06. Empresa Nacional de Electricidad S.A. (Endesa-Chile) and its subsidiaries generate and supply electricity. The Company owns and operates generating plants, and offers civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering, architectural, environmental, and project management services.
- Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY): Up 0.67% to $18.07. Annaly Capital Management Inc. is a real estate investment trust which owns and manages assets and funds on behalf of institutional and individual investors worldwide. The Company manages a portfolio of mortgage backed securities, including mortgage pass through certificates, collaterized mortgage obligations, and other securities.
- SK Telecom Co. Ltd. (NYSE:SKM): Up 0.56% to $19.80. SK Telecom Co., Ltd., an affiliate of SK Group, offers telecommunications services and products in South Korea. The Company provides mobile phone services under the brand names Speed 011. In addition, SK Telecom and its subsidiaries offer other wireless services including data, paging, and Internet services.
- The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. (NYSE:MHP): Up 1.24% to $41.60. Founded in 1888, The McGraw-Hill Companies is a leading global financial information and education company that helps professionals and students succeed in the Knowledge Economy. Leading brands include Standard & Poor’s, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts energy information services and J.D. Power and Associates. The Corporation has approximately 21,000 employees with more than 280 offices in 40 countries. Sales in 2010 were $6.2 billion.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ:VRTX): Up 5.7% to $57.65. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated discovers, develops, and commercializes novel, small molecule pharmaceuticals for the treatment of diseases for which there are currently limited or no effective treatments. The Company is developing drugs for the treatment of viral diseases, multidrug resistance in cancer, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Liberty Interactive, Inc. (NASDAQ:LINTA): Up 0.33% to $18.40. Liberty Media Corp – Interactive is a tracking stock issued by Liberty Media Corporation to track the performance of the Interactive group. The Interactive groups interests include home and Internet shopping online travel.
- Virgin Media, Inc. (NASDAQ:VMED): Down 1.16% to $31.65. Virgin Media Inc. conducts operations in the United Kingdom (UK) broadband communications and media sector. The Company provides cable television, cable telephony, and Internet access to residential customers, as well as voice, data, and managed solutions services for businesses. Virgin Media Inc. also supplies basic television channels to the UK television broadcasting market.