These Stocks Sizzle at 52-Week Highs as Dow Jones Climbs 1.21%
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 14 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $300 million:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY): Up 1.99% to $32.73. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company is a global biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and sells pharmaceutical and nutritional products. The Company’s products and experimental therapies address cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis, organ transplant rejection and psychiatric disorders.
- Coca-Cola FEMSA S.A.B de C.V. (NYSE:KOF): Up 0.57% to $90.53. Coca-Cola Femsa, S.A.B. de C.V. (Femsa) bottles beverages. The Company bottles and distributes branded beverages in Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, and Argentina. In some countries Femsa also markets water, beer, and other products.
- Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD): Down 0.59% to $40.66. Cepheid, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets microfluidic systems for analyzing nucleic acids in blood, urine, and other substances. The Company’s technology is designed to detect infinitesimal amounts of disease-causing agents and contaminants in food and water and purify DNA and perform genetic profiling.
- ProAssurance Corporation (NYSE:PRA): Up 1.36% to $76.56. ProAssurance Corporation is a risk management and claims defense company with a license to write business across the United States. The Company provides medical professional liability insurance to policyholders throughout the United States.
- RLI Corp. (NYSE:RLI): Up 2.09% to $66.50. RLI Corp., through its subsidiaries, underwrites selected property, casualty, and surety insurance products. The Company’s principal subsidiary, RLI Insurance Group, provides specialty property and casualty coverages for primarily commercial risks.
- Heartware International Inc. (NASDAQ:HTWR): Up 1.93% to $70.09. HeartWare International Inc is developing a range of implantable mechanical circulatory assist devices or heart pumps, used for the treatment of congestive heart failure.
- Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS): Up 4.22% to $11.60. Barnes & Noble, Inc. operates superstores and mall-based bookstores throughout the US. The Company operates book superstores under the names Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Bookstop, and Bookstar. Barnes & Noble also operates bookstores in shopping malls under the names B. Dalton Bookseller, Doubleday Book Shops, and Scribner’s Bookstore.
- Saul Centers Inc. (NYSE:BFS): Down 1.49% to $35.73. Saul Centers, Inc. is a real estate investment trust that invests in community and neighborhood shopping centers that are owned and operated by the Saul Organization. The Saul Organization is an operator and owner of shopping centers in the Washington-Baltimore area.
- Quidel Corp. (NASDAQ:QDEL): Up 0.83% to $17.03. Quidel Corporation discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets rapid diagnostic products for point-of-care detection of human medical conditions and illnesses. The Company’s products provide diagnoses for acute and chronic conditions in the areas of women’s health and infectious diseases. Quidel’s products are sold to professionals and to consumers.
- Mistras Group, Inc. (NYSE:MG): Up 2.17% to $20.67. Mistras Group, Inc. provides technology-enabled non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the structural integrity of critical energy, industrial and public infrastructure. The Company provides solutions, ranging from routine NDT inspections to complex, plant-wide asset integrity assessment and management.
- Putnam Municipal Opportunities Trust (NYSE:PMO): Up 0.34% to $11.68. Putnam Municipal Opportunities Trust is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is to seek a high level of current income exempt from federal income tax. The Fund invests in a portfolio of investment grade municipal bonds that the fund manager believes to be consistent with preservation of capital.
- Black Box Corp. (NASDAQ:BBOX): Up 2.17% to $22.57. Black Box Corporation provides technical network services and related products to businesses. The Company offers standard networking products through its catalog and its Web site. Black Box designs and builds custom products and operates subsidiaries throughout the world.
- Smart Balance, Inc (NASDAQ:SMBL): Down 1.4% to $6.32. Smart Balance, Inc. produces and markets a variety of food products with the blend of natural vegetable oils, which are designed to help improve the cholesterol ratio. The Company, under the Smart Balance brand, have produced spreads, cheeses, peanut butter, and other foods.
- Schiff Nutrition International Inc. (NYSE:WNI): Up 4.74% to $12.15. Schiff Nutrition International, Inc. develops, manufactures, markets, and sells branded and private label vitamins, nutritional supplements, and sports nutrition products. The Company markets its products in the United States and throughout the world.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>