These Stocks Touch 52-Week Lows As U.S. Markets Close Quarter on Weak Note
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA): Down 4.87% to $9.57. Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products.
- Agrium Inc. (NYSE:AGU): Down 5.18% to $66.66. Agrium Inc. supplies nitrogen, potash and phosphate for agricultural, industrial, and specialty use. The Company operates throughout the America’s while it markets its products globally.
- Apache Corp. (NYSE:APA): Down 3.19% to $80.24. Apache Corporation is an independent energy company. The Company explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company has operations in North America, onshore Egypt, offshore Western Australia, offshore the United Kingdom in the North Sea (North Sea), and onshore Argentina, as well as on the Chilean side of the island of Tierra del Fuego.
- Banco Bradesco S.A. (NYSE:BBD): Down 4.4% to $14.79. Banco Bradesco S.A. attracts deposits and offers commercial banking services. The Bank offers business loans, personal credit, mortgages, lease financing, mutual funds, securities brokerage, and Internet banking services. Bradesco operates in Brazil and Argentina, the United States, the Cayman Islands, and the United Kingdom. Bradesco offers credit cards, insurance, and pension funds.
- iPath Pure Beta Broad Commodity ETN (NYSE:BCM): Down 2.74% to $41.17.
- Franklin Resources Inc. (NYSE:BEN): Down 4.85% to $95.64. Franklin Resources, Inc. provides investment advisory services to mutual fund, retirement, institutional/separate accounts and high net worth investors. The Company manages various asset classes including domestic, international/global and emerging markets equity, domestic, international and municipal fixed income, money funds, alternative investments, and hedge funds.
- Cia Energetica de Minas Gerais (NYSE:CIG): Down 3.64% to $14.84. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais- CEMIG generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in the Brazilian State of Minas Gerais. Cemig serves industrial, commercial, residential, and rural customers. The Company generates electricity primarily through hydroelectric plants.
- EI DuPont de Nemours & Co. (NYSE:DD): Down 3.34% to $39.97. E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company is a global chemical and life sciences company, with businesses that include agriculture and industrial biotechnology, chemistry, biology, materials science and manufacturing. The Company operates globally and offers a wide range of products and services for markets including agriculture and food, building and construction, electronics and communications.
- Deere & Company (NYSE:DE): Down 5.1% to $64.57. Deere & Company manufactures and distributes a range of agricultural, construction and forestry, and commercial and consumer equipment. The Company supplies replacement parts for its own products and for those of other manufacturers. Deere also provides product and parts financing services.
- Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. (NYSE:EBR): Down 0.57% to $8.77. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. (Eletrobras) generates, transmits, and markets electricity through regional companies in Brazil. The Company plans, finances, coordinates, and supervises expansion projects for its subsidiaries.
- Encana Corporation (NYSE:ECA): Down 2.09% to $19.21. Encana Corporation explores for, develops, produces, and markets natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The Company operates in North and South America.
- EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG): Down 3.75% to $71.01. EOG Resources, Inc. explores for, develops, produces and markets natural gas and crude oil. The Company operates in major producing basins in the United States, Canada, Trinidad, the United Kingdom North Sea, China and, from time to time, select other international areas.
- Express Scripts Inc. (NASDAQ:ESRX): Down 3.19% to $37.07. Express Scripts, Inc is a full service pharmacy benefit management and specialty managed care company serving clients throughout North America. The Company’s customers include managed care organizations, insurance carriers, third party administrators, employers, and union-sponsored benefit plans. Express provides pharmacy network management, formulary management, and other services.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE:FCX): Down 2.84% to $30.45. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., through its subsidiary, is a copper, gold and molybdenum mining company. The Company primarily mines for copper and owns mining interests in Chile and Indonesia. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold also, through a subsidiary, is involved in smelting and refining of copper concentrates.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (NYSE:IR): Down 12.11% to $28.09. Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified, global company that provides a diverse range of products and services for a wide range of industries. The Company’s operations include consist of air conditioning systems and services, climate control technologies, industrial technologies and security technologies.
- Korea Electric Power Corp. (NYSE:KEP): Down 4.28% to $8.50. Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) generates, transmits, and distributes electricity to South Korea for a variety of uses. The Company also builds and operates hydro-power, thermal-power, and nuclear power units in South Korea.
- Luxottica Group SpA (NYSE:LUX): Down 5.94% to $25.18. Luxottica Group S.p.A. and its subsidiaries design, manufacture, distribute, and market traditional and designer eyeglass frames and sunglasses. The Company’s LensCrafter retail chain of optical stores operates in North America. Luxottica distributes its products around the world. The Company also sells sunglasses through its Sunglass Hut retail chain.
- Mobile Telesystems OJSC (NYSE:MBT): Down 5.17% to $12.30. Mobile TeleSystems provides mobile telephone services in Russia and the former Soviet Union. The Company uses the GSM 900/1800 standard, operating throughout Russia and throughout Belarus, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
- MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MHS): Down 2.43% to $46.89. Medco Health Solutions, Inc. is a pharmacy benefit manager. The Company provides programs and services for its clients and the members of their pharmacy benefit plans, and for the physicians and pharmacies the members use.
- 3M Co. (NYSE:MMM): Down 3.68% to $71.79. 3M Co. conducts operations in electronics, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and office, health care, safety, and other markets. The Company’s businesses share technologies, manufacturing operations, brands, marketing channels, and other resources. 3M serves customers in countries located around the world.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>