These Stocks Yielded Tons of Trader Attention June 2nd
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) closed down 41 points at 12,248, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) closed down 1 point at 1,312 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) closed up 4 points to 2,773 on the 105th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
- Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (NASDAQ:COCO): Shares of Corinthian Colleges, Inc. closed higher today. Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is a private, for-profit post-secondary education company operating in the United States. The Company currently operates colleges in various states. Corinthian offers a variety of degrees and diploma programs in the healthcare, electronics, and business fields. See Why These For-Profit Education Stocks are Shooting the Moon Now>>
- Apollo Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:APOL): Shares of Apollo Group, Inc. closed higher today. Apollo Group, Inc. provides higher education programs for working adults. The Company provides educational programs and services at the high school, undergraduate, and graduate levels online and on-campus through subsidiaries.
- Hill International Inc. (NYSE:HIL): Shares of Hill International Inc. closed higher today. Hill International Inc. is a construction consulting firm. The Company provides program management, project management, construction management and construction claims services.
- ITT Educational Services, Inc. (NYSE:ESI): Shares of ITT Educational Services, Inc. closed higher today. ITT Educational Services, Inc. provides technology-oriented postsecondary degree programs in the United States. The Company’s institutes offer associate, bachelor, and master degree programs, as well as non-degree diploma programs. See Why These For-Profit Education Stocks are Shooting the Moon Now>>
- Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO): Shares of Career Education Corp. closed higher today. Career Education Corporation provides private, for-profit postsecondary education in the United States and Canada. The Company’s schools offer a variety of bachelor’s degree, associate degree, and non-degree programs, with a core curricula of information technologies, visual communication and design technologies, business studies, and culinary arts.
- Joy Global Inc. (NASDAQ:JOYG): Shares of Joy Global Inc. closed higher today. Joy Global Inc. manufactures and markets underground mining equipment and surface mining equipment. The Company’s equipment is used for the extraction of ores and minerals.
- Exide Technologies (NASDAQ:XIDE): Shares of Exide Technologies closed lower today. Exide Technologies produces and recycles lead-acid batteries. The Company’s global transportation and industrial energy groups provide a range of stored electrical energy products and services for industrial and transportation applications.
- Strayer Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:STRA): Shares of Strayer Education, Inc. closed higher today. Strayer Education, Inc. is the holding company of Strayer University, an institution of higher learning. Strayer University offers working adults undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business administration, accounting, information technology, education and public administration. Strayer offers courses in the eastern United States and through the Internet. See Why These For-Profit Education Stocks are Shooting the Moon Now>>
- General Maritime Corp (NYSE:GMR): Shares of General Maritime Corp closed higher today. General Maritime Corporation provides sea borne crude oil transportation services within the Atlantic Basin. The Company’s tankers operate primarily between ports in the Caribbean, South and Central America, the United States, Western Africa, and the North Sea.
- Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:OWW): Shares of Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. closed higher today. Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. offers travel services over the Internet. The Company’s website offers air, hotel, vacation package, car rental, cruise, travel insurance, ground transportation, event ticket, and tour bookings.