10 Solar Stocks You Must Add to Your Investing Watch List Now
Earlier we posed the question, “Will Japan End Any Chance of New Nuclear Power in the US?” Clearly, Wall Street thinks so.
Today solar energy stocks are shining bright. The sector ETF Claymore/MAC Global Solar Index (NYSE:TAN) is up over 6%. Investors are snatching up shares of solar companies on the prospect that a major competitor, nuclear energy, is now in the penalty box indefinitely. That’s an incredibly positive development for solar energy companies.
If you are looking for individual stocks for your investing watch list, here are the most popular solar stocks:
1) First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR): First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules. Learn More.
2) SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ:SPWRA): SunPower Corporation is an integrated solar products and services company that designs, manufactures and markets high-performance solar electric power technologies. Learn More.
3) Suntech Power Holdings (NYSE:STP): Suntech Power Holdings Company Ltd produces solar cells. The Company designs, develops, manufactures and markets a variety of photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules. Suntech Power is based in China. Learn More.
4) Yingli Green Energy (NYSE:YGE): Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited designs, manufactures and sells PV modules. The Company also designs, assembles, sells and installs PV systems that are connected to an electricity transmission grid or those that operate on a stand-alone basis. Learn More.
5) LDK Solar (NYSE:LDK): LDK Solar Company, Ltd. manufactures multicrystalline solar wafers. The Company sells multicrystalline wafers globally to manufacturers of photovoltaic products including solar cells and solar modules. Solar wafers are the principal raw material used to produce solar cells which convert sunlight into electricity. Learn More.
6) Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ:CSIQ): Canadian Solar Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells solar module products that convert sunlight into electricity for a variety of uses. The Company’s products include a range of standard solar modules for use in a wide range of residential, commercial, and industrial solar power generation systems. Learn More.
7) Trina Solar (NYSE:TSL): Trina Solar Limited manufactures solar-power products including photovoltaic wafers, ingots, cells and modules. The Company’s solar modules provide environmentally-friendly electric power for residential, commercial, industrial, and other applications worldwide. Learn More.
8) JA Solar Holdings (NASDAQ:JASO): JA Solar Holdings Company, Ltd. manufactures solar cells. The Company sells its products principally to solar module manufacturers, which assemble and integrate its products into modules and systems. Learn More.
9) GT Solar International, Inc. (NASDAQ:SOLR): GT Solar International Inc. manufactures solar power equipment. The Company is a global provider of polysilicon production technology, crystalline ingot growth systems and related photovoltaic manufacturing services for the solar industry. Learn More.
10) MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR): MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. produces silicon wafers. The Company’s products are used in computers, telecommunications equipment, automobiles, consumer electronics products, industrial automation and control systems, and analytical and defense systems. MEMC operates manufacturing facilities in Italy, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United States. Learn More.