Top 10 Big Stock Price Percentage Movers October 27th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Cemex SAB de CV (NYSE:CX): Up +19.95%. Cemex SAB de CV is a building products company. The Company produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials. Cemex operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Acme Packet, Inc. (NASDAQ:APKT): Up +19.05%. Acme Packet, Inc. provides session border controllers for Internet service providers. The Company’s products consist of hardware and proprietary software that allow service providers to deliver interactive communications services such as voice over Internet protocol.
- GT Advanced Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:GTAT): Up +19.03%. GT Advance Technologies Inc. manufactures solar power equipment. The Company is a global provider of polysilicon production technology, crystalline ingot growth systems and related photovoltaic manufacturing services for the solar industry.
- Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ:CENX): Up +18.88%. Century Aluminum Company produces primary aluminum, in both molten and ingot form, through facilities located in the United States. The Company owns and operates a reduction facility in Ravenswood, West Virginia, and owns a partial interest in a reduction facility in Mt. Holly, South Carolina. Century is also the operating partner of a reduction facility in Hawesville, Kentucky.
- Terex Corporation (NYSE:TEX): Up +18.67%. Terex Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer. The Company’s products include heavy-duty off-road trucks and high-capacity surface mining trucks, as well as large hydraulic mining shovels. Terex also manufactures and sells telescopic mobile cranes, aerial work platforms, utility aerial devices, telescopic material handlers and truck mounted cranes, and related products.
- McDermott International (NYSE:MDR): Down -25.02%. McDermott International, Inc. is a worldwide energy services company. The Company and its subsidiaries provide engineering, fabrication, installation, procurement, research, manufacturing, environmental systems, project management, and facility management services to a variety of customers in the energy and power industries, including the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP): Down -18.25%. Avon Products, Inc. manufactures and direct sells beauty and related products. The Company markets its products to consumers worldwide through independent sales representatives. Avon’s product line includes beauty, fashion and home.
- NII Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:NIHD): Down -15.35%. NII Holdings Inc., provides mobile communications for business customers in Latin America. The Company has operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, and Peru, offering a fully integrated wireless communications tool with digital cellular service, text/numeric paging, wireless internet access, and Nextel DirectConnect, a digital two-way radio feature.
- Berry Petroleum Company (NYSE:BRY): Down -12.68%. Berry Petroleum Company produces, explores for, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The Company’s principal reserves and producing properties are located in Kern, Los Angeles, and Ventura counties in California.
- BMC Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:BMC): Down -12.27%. BMC Software, Inc. provides management solutions for mainframe and distributed information technology systems. The Company’s portfolio of software solutions spans enterprise systems, applications, databases and IT process management. BMC also provides maintenance and support for its products and performs software implementation, integration and education services for its customers.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>