Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- VirnetX Holding Corporation (AMEX:VHC): Up +12.1%. Virnetx Holding Corporation is developing and commercializing software and technology solutions for securing real-time communications over the Internet.
- Bankrate Inc (NYSE:RATE): Up +8.79%.
- B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE:BGS): Up +8.27%. B&G Foods Inc. manufactures, sells, and distributes shelf-stable foods across the United States. The Company sells and distributes its products through supermarket warehouses, distributors, mass merchants, catalogs, and other sales channels. B&G sells foods such as salsa, maple syrup, pickles, baked beans, liquid smoke, meat spreads, and vinegars under its own brands.
- Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM): Up +7.03%. Humana Inc. is a managed health care company with medical members located in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Company offers coordinated health care through health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, point-of-service plans, and administrative services products. Humana offers its products to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
- Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE:PIR): Up +6.49%. Pier 1 Imports, Inc. retails decorative home furnishings, gifts, and related items. Pier 1 stores are located in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Mexico.
- Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ:SOHU): Down -12.1%. Sohu.com Inc. operates an Internet portal in China. The Company’s Web site consists of Chinese language Web navigational and search capabilities, Web-based communications services, and a platform for e-commerce services.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (NASDAQ:GGAL): Down -11.26%. Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. operates as a financial services holding company for Banco Galicia, a commercial bank in Argentina. The Bank attracts deposits and offers business and consumer loans, mortgages, investment banking, securities brokerage services, foreign exchange services, mutual funds, insurance, annuities, and credit cards.
- Banco Macro SA (NYSE:BMA): Down -11.12%. Banco Macro SA attracts deposits and offers retail and commercial banking services. The Bank offers Visa and Amex credit cards, consumer loans, insurance, and other financial services. Bansud operates in Argentina and in the Bahamas through its subsidiary Sun Bank & Trust.
- Fortress Investment Group LLC (NYSE:FIG): Down -9.68%. Fortress Investment Group LLC is an alternative asset manager. The Company raises, invests and manages private equity funds, hedge funds and publically traded alternative investment vehicles.
- Aluminum Corp. of China Limited (NYSE:ACH): Down -9.5%. Aluminum Corporation of China Limited, also known as Chalco, is a producer of alumina and primary aluminum in China. The Company refines bauxite into alumina and smelts aluminato to produce primary aluminum.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>