Following is information on the top insider buys for the week ending June 3rd, 2011:
- Frederic Eshelman, who is an insider at Furiex Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:FURX), bought 264,516 shares on May 25 2011 at $14.79, for a total cost of $4,052,192. About the company: Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug development company. The company partners with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and has a diversified product portfolio and pipeline with multiple therapeutic candidates including late-stage assets and a product on the market.
- William Greehey, who is an insider at Nustar Energy L P (NYSE:NS), bought 53,345 shares on May 26 2011 at $62.67, for a total cost of $3,344,538. About the company: NuStar Energy LP transports and stores crude oil and refined products. The Company operates pipelines, terminals, and oil storage facilities. NuStar operates in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and continetnal Europe.
- Willem Mesdag, who is an insider at Cost Plus Inc (NASDAQ:CPWM), bought 129,700 shares on May 25 2011 at $8.84, for a total cost of $1,151,392. About the company: Cost Plus, Inc. retails casual home living and entertainment products in the United States. The Company operates its stores under the name Cost Plus World Market. Cost Plus’s products include furniture, rugs, cards, baskets, glassware, ceramics, kitchen utensils, jewelry, wine, gourmet foods, coffees, and teas.
- A Battle, who is an insider at Linkedin Corp (NYSE:LNKD), bought 24,444 shares on May 24 2011 at $45.00, for a total cost of $1,099,980. About the company: LinkedIn Corporation operates a social networking website used for professional networking. The Company’s website allows members to post a profile of their professional expertise and accomplishments. LinkedIn allows members to be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts. LinkedIn Stock: Which Shareholders are the Idiots?>>
- John Schiff, who is an insider at Cincinnati Financial Corp (NASDAQ:CINF), bought 26,000 shares on May 27 2011 at $30.05, for a total cost of $781,300. About the company: Cincinnati Financial Corporation, through its subsidiaries, offers property and casualty and life insurance. The Company markets a variety of insurance products and provides leasing and financing services.
- Mark Puckett, who is an insider at Concho Resources Inc (NYSE:CXO), bought 06,000 shares on June 1 2011 at $92.00, for a total cost of $552,000. About the company: Concho Resources, Inc. acquires, develops and explores for oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin area of Southeast New Mexico and West Texas.
- Robert Chaionn, who is an insider at Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (NYSE:VRX), bought 10,000 shares on May 27 2011 at $50.76, for a total cost of $507,600. About the company: Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. develops and distributes drugs. The Company develops drugs for unmet medical needs in central nervous system disorders; and distributes generic and branded generic drugs in Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Douglas Foshee, who is an insider at El Paso Corp (NYSE:EP), bought 24,000 shares on May 27 2011 at $20.94, for a total cost of $502,560. About the company: El Paso Corporation operates natural gas pipeline and storage facilities, transports natural gas, and imports liquefied natural gas. El Paso also explores for and produces natural gas (NYSE:UNG). The Company has operations in the United States, Brazil and Egypt. Competitors to Watch: Kinder Morgan Inc (NYSE:KMI), El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. (NYSE:EPB), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (NYSE:KMP), Southern Union Company (NYSE:SUG), Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (NYSE:EPD), Enterprise GP Hldgs. L.P. (EPE), Spectra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE:SEP), Blue Dolphin Energy Co. (NASDAQ:BDCO), BP plc (NYSE:BP), Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK), Copano Energy, L.L.C. (NASDAQ:CPNO), and Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. (NYSE:APL).
- Kenneth Langone, who is an insider at Unifi Inc (NYSE:UNF), bought 30,000 shares on May 27 2011 at $13.95, for a total cost of $418,500. About the company: UniFast Corporation provides workplace uniforms and protective clothing. The Company employs team partners who serve customer locations in the United States, Canada, and Europe from various manufacturing, distribution, and customers service facilities.
- Michael Gross, who is an insider at Solar Senior Capital Ltd (SUNS), bought 23,000 shares on May 26 2011 at $17.93, for a total cost of $413,864. About the company: Sunstone Hotel Investors, Inc. is a hospitality and lodging real estate investment trust that owns primarily upper scale and upscale hotels in the United States. The Company’s hotels are operated under bran names franchised or licensed from others, such as Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt, Starwood, Carlson, and Wyndham.
(Note: The data are sourced from here, and are assumed to be accurate.)
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!