Top 10 Stocks Attracting Major Trading Demand May 4th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is lower today at 12,715, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is lower at 1,345 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is cooling off at 2818 on the 85th trading day of 2011, and here is a group of stocks making moves on our radar and the reasons why:
- Kellogg Company (NYSE:K): Shares of Kellogg Company are trading lower 1.32% to $56.69 per share today. Over 3 million shares have traded hands following the latest release of the company’s quarterly earnings. Kellogg Company manufactures and markets ready-to-eat cereal and other convenience foods. The Company’s products include cereals, cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, fruit snacks, frozen waffles and veggie foods. Kellogg markets its products in the United States, Canada, and other countries throughout the world. Kellogg Earnings Cheat Sheet: Streak SNAPs, Profits CRACKLE, Sales POP 5%>>
- AOL, Inc. (NYSE:AOL): Shares of AOL are trading lower over 2% to $19.92 per share today. Over 2.75 million shares have traded hands since the release of a very disappointing quarterly earnings release. AOL has issued a double-digit revenue decline for the fifth straight corner. AOL Inc is a web services company. The Company’s business spans online content, products and services that the company offers consumers, publishers and advertisers. AOL focuses on attracting consumers and providing online advertising services on company owned and operated properties as well as third party websites. AOL also operates an internet subscription access service.
- Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX): Shares of Time Warner are trading lower 2.65% to $36.73 per share today. Over 7.5 million shares have traded hands today. Shareholders were not too happy with this morning quarterly report. Time Warner Inc. is a media and entertainment company. The Company’s businesses include cable television networks that provide programming, feature films, television and home video production and distribution, and magazine publishing.
- Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ:GRMN): Shares of Garmin Ltd. are trading higher 7.5% at $36 per share today. Over 4 million shares have traded hands following an explosive quarterly earnings report. Garmin Ltd. provides navigation, communications, and information devices, most of which are enabled by Global Positioning System (NYSE:GPS) technology. The Company designs, develops, manufactures, and markets hand-held, portable, and fixed mount GPS-enabled products and other navigation, communications, and information products under the GARMIN brand name.
- Whole Foods Market Inc. (NASDAQ:WFMI): Shares of Whole Foods Market Inc. are trading lower almost 1% to $39.39 per share today. Over 2 million shares have traded hands ahead of tonight’s earnings announcement. Whole Foods Market, Inc. owns and operates a chain of natural food supermarkets in the United States. The Company’s stores provides full range of merchandise, featuring products that are free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, preservatives, and added chemicals. Whole Foods also develops, produces, and markets nutriceuticals and nutritional supplements.
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F): Shares of Ford Motor are trading lower 1.5% to $15.15 per share today. Over 48 million shares have traded hands today. The auto company is feeling minor pressures from the resurgence of General Motors (NYSE:GM) latest sale report. This morning, UBS updated GM shares. Ford Motor Company designs, manufactures, and services cars and trucks. The Company also provides vehicle-related financing, leasing, and insurance through its subsidiary.
- CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS): Shares of CBS are trading higher over 5% to $26.58 per share today. Over 16 million shares have traded hands following a very strong quarterly earnings release last evening. CBS Corporation is a multimedia company that operates broadcasting, television production, and publishing businesses. The Company operates television and radio stations, produces and syndicates television programs, publishes books, provides online content as well as provides outdoor advertising.
- News Corporation (NASDAQ:NWSA): Shares of News are trading lower 1.43% to $17.27 per share today. Over 10 million shares have traded hands ahead of this evening earnings release. News Corporation is a diversified global media company. The Company’s operations include the production and distribution of motion pictures and television programming. The Company provides television, direct satellite, and cable broadcasting and the publication of newspapers, magazines, books and promotional inserts.
- OpenTable Inc (NASDAQ:OPEN): Shares of OpenTable Inc are trading lower over 14% to $90 per share today. Over 5 million shares are trading hands today. OpenTable, Inc. provides free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners through an online booking service. The Company also offers reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants. OpenTable allows users to search for tables based on desired criteria for cuisine, price, and location.
- ValueClick, Inc. (NASDAQ:VCLK): Shares of ValueClick are trading higher over 12% to $18.48 per share today. 5 million shares have traded hands so far following the positive release of the company’s quarterly earnings report. ValueClick, Inc. provides Internet advertising solutions for publishers of Web sites and online advertisers. The Company offers performance-based Internet advertising solutions in which an advertiser only pays when an Internet user clicks on its banner advertisement.