Top 10 Stocks Generating Investor Interest May 3rd
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is flat today at 12,798, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is flat at 1,354 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is down 1% at 2833on the 84th trading day of 2011, and here is a group of stocks making moves on our radar and the reasons why:
- Bank of America (NYSE:BAC): Shares are up over 2.5% today to $12.66 per share. Over 94 million shares have traded hands today. MasterCard (NYSE:MA) is giving a boost to credit card companies following a strong uptick in credit card spending. Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
- MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS): Shares of MetroPCS Communications are trading higher 8.37% to $17.87 per share today. Over 14.5 million shares have traded hands on the heels of the latest quarterly earnings release. MetroPCS Communications, Inc. is a wireless communications provider in the United States. The Company offers unlimited wireless voice and data services to the mass market.
- CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS): Shares of CBS are trading lower over 2% today. It appears investors are cashing in on profits following a strong streak of hitting 52-week highs. CBS Corporation is a multimedia company that operates broadcasting, television production, and publishing businesses. The Company operates television and radio stations, produces and syndicates television programs, publishes books, provides online content as well as provides outdoor advertising.
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE:THC): Shares of Tenet Healthcare are trading lower 1.42% to $6.59 per share today. Over 18 million shares have traded hands. The company reported an improved trend for patient demand. Tenet Healthcare Corporation, through its subsidiaries, owns or operates general hospitals and related health care facilities serving communities in the United States. The Company operates rehabilitation hospitals, specialty hospitals, long-term care facilities, psychiatric facilities, and medical office buildings near its general hospitals, as well as ancillary health care businesses.
- Legg Mason Inc. (NYSE:LM): Shares of Legg Mason are trading lower over 7.5% to $34.40 per share today. Over 3 million shares have traded hands. The company’s latest earnings report was not enough to please shareholders today. Legg Mason, Inc. is a global asset management company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides investment management and related services to institutional and individual clients, company-sponsored mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles.
- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI): Shares are surging above $2 per share, up 8% today. Over 171 million shares have traded hands today. The company’s latest quarterly report showed optimism for the remainder of the year. Sirius XM Radio Inc. broadcasts various channels of audio from its satellites. The Company provides its services throughout the continental United States for a monthly subscription fee. Sirius delivers various streams of commercial-free music in every genre, as well as streams of news, sports, weather, talk, comedy, and public radio.
- Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF): Shares of Herbalife Ltd. are trading higher 14.6% to $103.46 per share today. Over 2.3 million shares have traded hands today. The company is on a hot streak of 3 straight profitable quarters. Herbalife Ltd. is a network marketing company that sells weight management, nutritional supplement and personal care products. The Company sells its products globally through a network of independent distributors. Herbalife also sells literature and promotional materials.
- McKesson Corporation (NYSE:MCK): Shares of McKesson are trading lower at $83.01 per share today. McKesson Corporation distributes pharmaceuticals, medical-surgical supplies, and and health and beauty care products throughout North America. The Company also develops, implements, and supports software that facilitates the integration of data throughout the health enterprise. In addition, McKesson offers analytic, care management, and patient solutions for payers.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE:ADM): Shares of Archer Daniels Midland Company are trading lower 5% to $35.15 per share following a disappointing shareholder reaction to the earnings report. Over 7 million shares have traded hands. Archer-Daniels-Midland Company procures, transports, stores, processes, and merchandises agricultural commodities and products. The Company processes oilseeds, corn, milo, oats, barley, peanuts, and wheat. Archer-Daniels-Midland also processes produce products which have primarily two end uses including food or feed ingredients.
- Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP): Shares of Avon Products are trading higher 5.5% to $31.16 per share today. Over 6 million shares have traded hands today. The company reported a threefold increase in profits this morning. Avon Products, Inc. manufactures and direct sells beauty and related products. The Company markets its products to consumers worldwide through independent sales representatives. Avon’s product line includes beauty, fashion and home.