Top 3 Reasons Today’s Markets Were Flat
Markets closed flat on Wall Street: DJI -0.03% SP500 +0.03% Nasdaq -0.06% Gold -0.97%
The markets were flat because:
- The day started weak with Blue Chips under-delivering on earnings. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) helped pull the Dow down.
- Although Case-Shiller Housing data continued to free-fall, Consumer Confidence hit an 8-month high. Home prices dropped 1.6%, but consumers are high on the new year — go figure. Don’t Miss: Macro Economic Mashup: Consumer Sentiment Hits a High But Case-Shiller Home Price Index Continues Decline >>
- Gold (NYSE:GLD) hit a 3-month low. Shaking out the weak hands, or something bigger? Don’t Miss: Spec Money Exits Gold & Silver but Remains Heavily Long Other Markets >>
Here are today’s Top Moving Stocks:
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company (NYSE:DD), Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG), Tellabs, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLAB), Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB), Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. (NASDAQ:EGLE), Corning Incorporated (NYSE:GLW), 3M Company (NYSE:MMM), Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE:EAT), Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. (NYSE:ETH), BlackRock, Inc (NYSE:BLK), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO), Coach (NYSE:COH), The Travelers Companies (NYSE:TRV), Verizon (NYSE:VZ).
- Now Check Out Why These Shares Moved >>
Fresh Off the Press! Our Market Outlook 2011 is here. You won’t want to invest without it >>