Markets closed up on Wall Street: DJI +0.04% SP500 +0.22% Nasdaq +0.58% Gold -1.1%
The markets were up because:
- Really, who knows. Initial Unemployment Claims disappointed, some big companies like P&G (NYSE:PG) disappointed, and Egypt crashed while Japan’s (NYSE:EWJ) debt was downgraded. Here are Some Cool Charts of Historical Unemployment Claims >>
- Davos. It’s all about Davos right now — so maybe people who move markets are feeling jolly.
- Gold (NYSE:GLD) and Silver (NYSE:SLV) got clobbered. If you love volatility, precious metals are the place to be. Don’t Miss: Spec Money Exits Gold & Silver but Remains Heavily Long Other Markets >>
Here are today’s Top Moving Stocks:
- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT), ProLogis (NYSE:PLD), Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UA), Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR), Apache Corporation (NYSE:APA), The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE:PG), Teradyne, Inc. (NYSE:TER), Potash Corp./Saskatchewan (NYSE:POT), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), AT&T (NYSE:T), Microsoft (NYSE:CL), Bristol Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY), Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT).
- Now Check Out Why These Shares Moved >>
Fresh Off the Press! Our Market Outlook 2011 is here. You won’t want to invest without it >>