Markets closed up on Wall Street: DJI +0.57% SP500 +0.62% Nasdaq +0.53% Gold +0.1%
The markets were up because:
- Mergers and Acquisitions are heating up. Wall Street loves deal activity, and there has been a lot in the past week. Don’t Miss: DONE DEAL! Mergers and Acquisitions in the World of Business or you might like Hail to the Chief: Arianna Huffington Becomes Most Powerful Woman in Media History >>
- Shorts have perpetuated more buying. A lot of “pundits” are trying to get short on the thesis the rally has lost steam, but their stop-losses are helping the rally. Check Out: Stocks Yielding Double-Digit Returns in 2011 >>
- It was the Super Bowl, baby. On a trading day with very little macro news, a good mood can linger. Interact: Will These Super Bowl Ads Make Advertisers Money? >>
Here are today’s Top Moving Stocks:
- AOL, Inc. (NYSE:AOL), Beckman Coulter, Inc. (NYSE:BEC), Pride International, Inc. (NYSE:PDE), SYSCO Corporation (NYSE:SYY), ENSCO PLC (NYSE:ESV), Danaher Corporation (NYSE:DHR), Loews Corporation (NYSE:L), Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (NASDAQ:CTSH), CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA), Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), Principal Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:PFG), and Blackbaud, Inc. (NASDAQ:BLKB).
- Now, check out why these Stocks Attracted Trading Interest in Today’s Market >>