Markets closed up on Wall Street: DJI +0.59% SP500 +0.42% Nasdaq +0.47% Gold +1.19%
The markets were up because:
- Sector rotation continued from bonds to stocks. As 10-year Treasuries sold off, investors calmly filed into stocks. Stocks aren’t the only thing rising — Check Out these Fresh Charts of Gas Prices >>
- 25 of the Dow 30 pulled the index higher. McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD) reported nice sales and investors like the news on credit over at American Express (NYSE:AXP). Check Out: Consumer Credit: Auto and Consumer Loans Set a New Record >>
- Silver sparkled. Although China raised rates, precious metals Silver (NYSE:SLV) and Gold (NYSE:GLD) had stellar trading days. Don’t Miss: Gold Will Outperform After Stocks Peak >>
Here are today’s Top Moving Stocks:
- McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE:MCD), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP), Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (NYSE:EPD), Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA), Exide Technologies (NASDAQ:XIDE), Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR), AOL, Inc. (NYSE:AOL), Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO), Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI), The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS), Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE:TM), Sara Lee Corp. (NYSE:SLE), NYSE Euronext (NYSE:NYX), Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN), Warner Music Group Corp. (NYSE:WMG), and OpenTable Inc (NASDAQ:OPEN).
- Now, check out why these Stocks Attracted Trading Interest in Today’s Market >>