Top 3 Take-Aways from Financial Markets 2.9.11
Markets closed mixed on Wall Street: DJI +0.06% SP500 -0.28% Nasdaq -0.29% Gold +0.02%
The markets were mixed because:
- Bernanke reiterated unemployment may stay high for a while longer. Not long after Ben opened his mouth in DC, stocks lost their multi-day momentum.
- The Dow settled in the green for the eighth straight day. Today Disney (NYSE:DIS), Hewlett-Packard (NYSE:HPQ), and Coke (NYSE:KO) did a lot of the heavy lifting. Special Report: 4 Portfolio Strategies for Savvy Investors >>
- Corn prices continued higher. Food commodities inflation is not showing signs of slowing. Don’t Miss: Are Commodities Investors Getting Cautious? >>
Here are today’s Top Moving Stocks:
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE:NYX), CBOE Holdings, Inc (NASDAQ:CBOE), Computer Sciences Corporation (NYSE:CSC), Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL), The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:SMSI), Photronics, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLAB), Ingersoll-Rand PLC (NYSE:IR), XETA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:XETA), Whole Foods Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:WFMI), The Allstate Corporation (NYSE:ALL), Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU), MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET), IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), Equifax Inc. (NYSE:EFX), Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV) Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO).
- Now, check out why these Stocks Attracted Trading Interest in Today’s Market >>