Top Insider Stock Purchases of the Week: ARCP, MLI, HES, CKH, OI, H, SWS, BFLY
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on insider buys registered with the SEC for the week ending Sep 16th, 2011:
- American Realty Capital Properties Inc (ARCP): Schorsch, Nicholas bought 1,325,480 shares at market prices between $11.50 and $12.50 on Sep 6th 2011, for a total cost of $15,525,020. Kahane, William bought 1,325,480 shares at market prices between $11.50 and $12.50 on Sep 6th 2011, for a total cost of $15,525,020.
- Mueller Industries Inc (NYSE:MLI): Cumming, Ian bought 287,600 shares at market prices between $42.40 and $45.58 on Sep 6th 2011, for a total cost of $12,529,846. Steinberg, Joseph bought 287,600 shares at market prices between $42.40 and $45.58 on Sep 6th 2011, for a total cost of $12,529,846. About the company: Mueller Industries, Inc. manufactures and sells brass, copper, plastic and aluminum products. The Company’s products include copper tube and fittings, brass and copper alloy rods and bars, aluminum and brass forgings, aluminum and copper impact extrusions, plastic fittings and valves, refrigeration valves and fittings, and fabricated tubular products.
- Hess Corp (NYSE:HES): Hess, John bought 174,950 shares at a market price of $57.17 on Sep 12th 2011, for a total cost of $10,001,892. About the company: Hess Corporation is a global integrated energy company. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The Company operates in countries that include Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Denmark, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Indonesia, Libya, Malaysia, Norway, Peru, Russia, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Seacor Holdings Inc (NYSE:CKH): Lorentzen, Oivind bought 26,000 shares at market prices between $84.40 and $86.13 on Sep 9th 2011, for a total cost of $2,217,746. About the company: SEACOR Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries operate a diversified fleet of offshore support vessels. The Company services oil and gas exploration and development activities in the US Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, West Africa, Asia, Latin America, and other regions. SEACOR also provides environmental services, as well as inland river and offshore aviation services.
- Owens Illinois Inc (NYSE:OI): Stroucken, Albert bought 121,200 shares at a market price of $16.56 on Sep 9th 2011, for a total cost of $2,006,939. About the company: Owens-Illinois, Inc. manufactures glass packaging products. The Company produces glass containers for malt beverages, including beer and ready-to-drink low-alcohol refreshers, liquor, wine, food, tea, juice and pharmaceuticals. Owens-Illinois sells its products to customers around the world.
- Hyatt Hotels Corp (NYSE:H): Hoplamazian, Mark bought 45,000 shares at a market price of $31.84 on Sep 13th 2011, for a total cost of $1,432,800. About the company: Hyatt Hotels Corp. is a global hospitality company. The Company manages, franchises, owns, and develops branded hotels, resorts and residential and vacation ownership properties around the world.
- Sws Group Inc (NYSE:SWS): Ford, Gerald bought 225,800 shares at market prices between $4.39 and $4.82 on Sep 6th 2011, for a total cost of $1,033,010. About the company: SWS Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, offers a broad range of investment and financial services. The Company’s services include corporate finance, fixed income trading and underwriting, private client group, research, equity trading, institutional sales, public finance, and securities clearing.
- Bluefly Inc (NASDAQ:BFLY): Soros , George bought 555,555 shares at a market price of $1.80 on Sep 7th 2011, for a total cost of $999,999. About the company: Bluefly, Inc. is an online designer outlet store. The Company sells designer and brand name apparel and accessories via its web site, as well as provides fashion tips, trends, and advice.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>