Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Southern Union Company (NYSE:SUG): Up +16.69%. Southern Union Company, through subsidiaries, gathers, processes, stores, transports, and distributes natural gas. The Company transports natural gas by pipeline from gas producing areas to customers primarily in the southeast, midwest, and Great Lakes region. Southern Union also operates a liquefied natural gas import terminal. Competitors to Watch: El Paso Corporation (NYSE:EP), Atlas Pipeline Partners, L.P. (NYSE:APL), DCP Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE:DPM), Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (NYSE:EPD), Atlas Pipeline Hldgs., L.P. (NYSE:AHD), Spectra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE:SEP), Kinder Morgan Inc (NYSE:KMI), Copano Energy, L.L.C. (NASDAQ:CPNO), TC Pipelines, LP (NASDAQ:TCLP), and Oneok Partners LP (NYSE:OKS)
- Pandora Media Inc (NYSE:P): Up +9.79%. Pandora is an internet radio station generating playlists based on a user’s favorite artist or song. Pandora’s service, free to its more than 80 million registered users and available only in the US, is supported by local and national advertising. Pandora chief strategy officer Tim Westergren founded the company in 2000.
- Demand Media Inc (NYSE:DMD): Up +8.79%. Demand Media, Inc. (Demand Media) is focused on an Internet-based model for the professional creation of content at scale. The Company’s business is comprised of two service offerings: Content & Media and Registrar.
- Fusion-IO, Inc. (NYSE:FIO): Up +8.17%. iShares FTSE NAREIT Industrial/Office Capped Index Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the FTSE NAREIT Industrial/Office Capped Index.
- Blackboard Inc. (NASDAQ:BBBB): Up +7.78%. Blackboard Inc. provides electronic learning Internet infrastructure software. The company’s product line bundled in two suites, the Blackboard Academic Suite and the Blackboard Commerce Suite. The company licenses these products on a renewable basis. Blackboard Inc. serves in U.S. and international postsecondary education market and U.S. elementary and secondary market.
- Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU): Down -14.59%. Micron Technology, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets dynamic random access memory chips (DRAMs), very fast static random access memory chips (SRAMs), Flash Memory, other semiconductor components, and memory modules. Competitors to Watch: Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), Spansion Inc. (NYSE:CODE), SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK), Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISSI), SMART Modular Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:SMOD), MoSys Inc. (NASDAQ:MOSY), LOGIC Devices Incorporated (NASDAQ:LOGC), Netlist, Inc. (NASDAQ:NLST), GSI Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:GSIT), IBM (NYSE:IBM), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), AMD (NYSE:AMD), Texas Instruments (NYSE:TXN), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM), NVIDIA Corp. (NASDAQ:NVDA) and Integrated Device Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:IDTI).
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd (NYSE:QIHU): Down -9.78%. Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd. provides Internet and mobile security products in the People’s Republic of China. The Companys products include an Internet security product for Internet security and system optimization; an anti-virus application to protect users’ computers against trojan horses, viruses, worms, adware, and other forms of malware; and a mobile smartphone security program.
- SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK): Down -9.19%. SanDisk Corporation supplies flash data storage products. The Company designs, manufactures, and markets industry-standard, solid-state data, digital imaging, and audio storage products using its patented, high-density flash memory and controller technology. Competitors to Watch: STEC, Inc. (NASDAQ:STEC), OCZ Technology Group Inc. (NASDAQ:OCZ), Western Digital Corp. (NYSE:WDC), Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU), EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ:STX), Imation Corp. (NYSE:IMN), Hutchinson Technology Inc. (NASDAQ:HTCH), Quantum Corporation (NYSE:QTM), and ADPT Corporation (ADPT).
- SuccessFactors, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFSF): Down -8.7%. SuccessFactors, Inc. provides on-demand performance and employee software solutions to help organizations optimize their performance.
- Holly Corporation (NYSE:HOC): Down -8.69%. Holly Corporation, through its affiliates, refines, transports, stores and markets petroleum products. The Company’s refineries produce light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, and jet fuel which are marketed in the southwestern United States, northern Mexico, and Montana.