Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Cemex SAB de CV (NYSE:CX): Up +17.59%. Cemex SAB de CV is a building products company. The Company produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials. Cemex operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Education Management Corp (NASDAQ:EDMC): Up +13.45%. Education Management Corporation provides proprietary post-secondary education in the United States. The Company offers, through its operating units, associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs and non-degree programs in the areas of design, media arts, culinary arts, fashion, and professional development.
- W&T Offshore, Inc. (NYSE:WTI): Up +11.48%. W&T Offshore, Inc. is an independent oil and natural gas company focused primarily on the Gulf of Mexico area in the United States.
- Synovus Financial Corp. (NYSE:SNV): Up +11.21%. Synovus Financial Corp. is a financial services holding company that provides various financial services. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides commercial and retail banking, as well as investment services, to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida and Tennessee.
- Gran Tierra Energy Inc. (AMEX:GTE): Up +11.18%. Gran Tierra Energy, Inc. is an international oil and gas exploration and production company. The Company currently holds interests in producing and prospective properties in Colombia, Argentina and Peru.
- Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE:PTP): Down -9.54%. Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd. is a holding company that provides property and casualty reinsurance coverages to insurers and select reinsurers on a worldwide basis. The Company’s reinsurance segments include global property and marine, global casualty which includes general liablity, auto liablity, professional liablity, workers’ compensation and accident and health.
- Vitamin Shoppe, Inc Common Stock (NYSE:VSI): Down -7.87%. Vitamin Shoppe, Inc., sells vitamins, minerals, herbs, supplements, sports nutrition and health and wellness products. The Company sells their products through their retail shops, internet and catalog operations.
- InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC): Down -6.95%. InterDigital, Inc. develops technology for advanced digital wireless telecommunications applications. The Company offers both time division multiple access and wide band code division multiple access proprietary and standards compliant digital wireless technology to customers, licensees, and companies.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE:VXX): Down -6.67%. iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN is an exchange-traded note issued in the USA. The Note will provide investors with a cash payment at the scheduled maturity or early redemption based on the performance of the underlying index, the S&P 500 Short-Term VIX Futures TR Index.
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Down -6.33%. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>