Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:LVLT): Up +1%. Level 3 Communications, Inc. provides telecommunications and information services, including local, long distance, and data transmission. The Company also provides other enhanced communications and Internet services, and is involved in coal mining businesses.
- Seagate Technology PLC (NASDAQ:STX): Up +22.8%. Seagate Technology PLC designs, manufactures, and markets rigid disc drives for enterprise, personal computer, and consumer electronics applications.
- Synaptics, Incorporated (NASDAQ:SYNA): Up +18.95%. Synaptics Incorporated develops custom-designed user interface solutions. The Company’s solutions enable people to interact with a variety of mobile computing and communications devices. Synaptics offers a touch-sensitive pad that senses the position of a person’s finger on its surface to provide screen navigation, cursor movement, and a platform of interactive input.
- Harman International Industries Inc./DE/ (NYSE:HAR): Up +15.11%. Harman International Industries, Incorporated designs, manufactures, and markets audio and electronic systems. The Company’s Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications and its Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications.
- LG Display Co Ltd. (NYSE:LPL): Up +11.97%. LG Display Company Ltd. develops and manufactures digital display products. The Company’s products include thin film transistor-liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCD) for notebook and desktop computer monitors, TVs, and mobile phones. LG Display provides its products to overseas and domestic markets.
- Acme Packet, Inc. (NASDAQ:APKT): Down -19.91%. Acme Packet, Inc. provides session border controllers for Internet service providers. The Company’s products consist of hardware and proprietary software that allow service providers to deliver interactive communications services such as voice over Internet protocol.
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Down -10.72%. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- Safety First Trust Series 2009-2 (AMEX:ABI): Down -7.79%. The Safety First Trust Series 2009-2 Principal-Protected Trust Certificates are linked to the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Maturity date: May 8, 2014.
- Freescale Semiconductor Holdings I, Ltd. (NYSE:FSL): Down -6.5%.
- EZCORP, Inc. (NASDAQ:EZPW): Down -5.7%. EZCORP, Inc. owns and operates pawn shops that serve as sources for consumer credit and retail previously-owned merchandise. The Company operates in the United States.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>