Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Yandex NV (NASDAQ:YNDX): Up +12.66%. Yandex N.V. operates an Internet search engine in Russia. It offers access to a range of information available online; email and personalized services, including email, photo, Website, and blog-hosting services; maps and location-based services comprising map service, road traffic congestion monitoring, maps of metro systems, panoramic photo images of streets and towns, and user-generated map services; and downloadable applications and services for mobile and digital platforms and devices.
- Fusion-IO, Inc. (NYSE:FIO): Up +9.29%. iShares FTSE NAREIT Industrial/Office Capped Index Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the FTSE NAREIT Industrial/Office Capped Index.
- ION Geophysical Corporation (NYSE:IO): Up +8.39%. ION Geophysical Corporation provides geophysical technology, services, and solutions for the global oil and gas industry.
- Education Management Corp (NASDAQ:EDMC): Up +7.74%. Education Management Corporation provides proprietary post-secondary education in the United States. The Company offers, through its operating units, associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs and non-degree programs in the areas of design, media arts, culinary arts, fashion, and professional development.
- Universal Display Corporation (NASDAQ:PANL): Up +7.31%. Universal Display Corporation is a member of the United States Display Consortium. The consortium is a cooperative industry/government effort aimed at developing an infrastructure to support a North American flat panel display infrastructure. The Company and its partners are developing high-resolution, full color, light weight Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology.
- First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR): Down -6.49%. First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules.
- Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:SBH): Down -6.38%. Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. distributes and retails beauty products. The Company distributes products directly to salons, and retails beauty products through a chain of cash and carry stores.
- Vitamin Shoppe, Inc Common Stock (NYSE:VSI): Down -5.69%. Vitamin Shoppe, Inc., sells vitamins, minerals, herbs, supplements, sports nutrition and health and wellness products. The Company sells their products through their retail shops, internet and catalog operations.
- Mechel OAO PRFD (NYSE:MTL-): Down -5.42%.
- Domtar Corp. (NYSE:UFS): Down -4.79%. Domtar Corporation produces uncoated freesheet paper. The Company manufactures business papers, commercial printing and publication papers, and technical and specialty papers. Domtar manages forestland in Canada and the United States, and produces lumber and other wood products.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>