As the DJIA approaches 11,500 on an upside surge and the S&P 500 is above 1,210 today, here are buzzing stocks to watch from our trading radar today:
- Crocs, Inc. (NASDAQ:CROX): Shares of Crocs, Inc. are trading lower over 37% today after the company significantly reduced its guidance for the third quarter. Crocs, Inc. designs and manufactures shoes. The Company produces soft, lightweight, non-marking, slip- and odor-resistant shoes made of closed-cell resin material. Crocs manufactures men’s, women’s, and children’s shoes and markets them to retail chains.
- International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM): Shares of International Business Machines Corp. are trading lower today after investors took profits on shares consistently hitting 52-week highs recently. The company reported its quarterly earnings yesterday evening and grew both profits and revenues by 7% year-over-year. International Business Machines Corporation (NYSE:IBM) provides computer solutions through the use of advanced information technology. The Company’s solutions include technologies, systems, products, services, software, and financing. IBM offers its products through its global sales and distribution organization, as well as through a variety of third party distributors and resellers.
- Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG): Shares of Harley-Davidson, Inc. are trading lower today after the company’s quarterly results were not enough to satisfy shareholders. Harley-Davidson, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells motorcycles. The Company’s products include heavyweight touring, custom, and performance motorcycles, as well as a line of motorcycle parts, accessories, and general merchandise. Harley-Davidson also provides motorcycle floor planning and parts and accessories financing to its North American and European dealers.
- VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW): Shares of VMware, Inc. are trading higher today following an impressive earnings report delivering over 30% revenue growth. VMware, Inc. provides virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center. The Company’s solution products addresses a range of IT problems, which includes cost and operational inefficiencies, business continuity, software lifecycle management and desktop management.
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:CHKP): Shares of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. are trading higher today. Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. develops, markets and supports a range of software and hardware products and services for information technology security and offers its customers a network and gateway security solutions, data and endpoint security solutions and management solutions.
- Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS): Shares of Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. are trading higher today as investors think the future has better days ahead for investment bank following a dismal quarterly earnings release this morning. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a bank holding company, is a global investment banking and securities firm specializing in investment banking, trading and principal investments, asset management and securities services. The Company provides services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net worth individuals.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH): Shares of UnitedHealth Group Inc. are trading lower today following an earnings release that disappointed shareholders. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated owns and manages organized health systems in the United States and internationally. The Company provides employers products and resources to plan and administer employee benefit programs. UnitedHealth also serves the health needs of older Americans, provides specialized care services, and provides health care information and research to providers and payers.
- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:HALO): Shares of Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. are trading higher today as JMP Securities upgraded its rating on this company from Mkt Perform to Mkt Outperform. Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. develops and commercializes recombinant human enzymes for the infertility, ophthalmology, and oncology communities. The Company’s product portfolio is based on intellectual property covering the family of human enzymes known as hyaluronidases. Halozyme’s products offer an alternative to slaughterhouse-derived extracts that carry contamination risks.
- Parker-Hannifin Corporation (NYSE:PH): Shares of Parker-Hannifin Corporation are trading higher today after the company delivered double digit top line growth. Parker Hannifin Corporation manufactures motion control products, including fluid power systems, electromechanical controls, and related components. The Company also produces fluid purification, fluid flow, process instrumentation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and electromagnetic shielding and thermal management products.
- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC): Shares of EMC Corporation are trading higher today after delivering 18% revenue growth in its latest quarterly report. EMC Corporation provides enterprise storage systems, software, networks, and services. The Company’s products store, retrieve, manage, protect, and share information from all major computing environments and mainframe platforms. EMC operates offices around the world.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>