Top Stocks Lighting Up Our Trading Screens Today
The Dow Jones Industrial Average is explosing higher 267 points and the S&P 500 is currently up 2.5% to 2,272, while the Nasdaq is up over 2% to 2,711. Here are the most buzzing stocks we’re seeing among investors, shareholders and traders on Wall Street today:
- Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP): Shares of Avon Products, Inc. are trading lower 18% today after releasing its latest quarterly earnings report that disappointed investors. Avon Products, Inc. manufactures and direct sells beauty and related products. The Company markets its products to consumers worldwide through independent sales representatives. Avon’s product line includes beauty, fashion and home.
- Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE:TWC): Shares of Time Warner Cable Inc. are trading lower over 7% today following the delivery of its most recent quarterly earnings report that bummed shareholders. Time Warner Cable Inc. offers cable television subscription services. The Company also offers Internet access and voice over Internet protocol telephone services.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM): Shares of Exxon Mobil Corporation are trading higher today after delivering a strong display of profitable growth and double-digit revenue growth. Exxon Mobil Corporation operates petroleum and petrochemicals businesses on a worldwide basis. The Company’s operations include exploration and production of oil and gas, electric power generation, and coal and minerals operations. Exxon Mobil also manufactures and markets fuels, lubricants, and chemicals.
- McDermott International (NYSE:MDR): Shares of McDermott International are trading lower over 30% today after lowering earnings guidance to shareholders today. McDermott International, Inc. is a worldwide energy services company. The Company and its subsidiaries provide engineering, fabrication, installation, procurement, research, manufacturing, environmental systems, project management, and facility management services to a variety of customers in the energy and power industries, including the U.S. Department of Energy.
- IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX): Shares of IMAX Corporation are trading higher over 7% today as investors are lifting shares in anticipation of a stronger than expected upcoming quarterly earnings report. Imax Corporation designs and manufactures projection and sound systems for giant-screen theaters and designs custom attractions, including motion simulation theaters, for both large-scale attractions and smaller venues. The Company also manufactures digital image delivery systems in the form of digital projectors.
- Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS): Shares of Citrix Systems, Inc. are trading higher 15% today after issuing a strong performance to shareholders in its latest quarterly report. Citrix Systems, Inc. designs, develops, and markets technology solutions that allow applications to be delivered, supported, and shared on-demand. The Company develops and markets comprehensive solutions across all dimensions of application, server and desktop virtualization as well as application and network optimization.
- Cheniere Energy, Inc. (AMEX:LNG): Shares of Cheniere Energy, Inc. are trading higher 4% today following the success of its landmark deal with BG Group to export liquefied natural gas is touching shares of other LNG-related companies in early trading. Cheniere Energy, Inc., through subsidiaries, develops liquefied natural gas terminals, and explores for oil and natural gas. The Company explores for oil and gas in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET): Shares of Aetna Inc. are trading higher almost 3% today following the release of its latest quarterly earnings statement. Aetna Inc. is a diversified health care benefits company that provides healthcare and related benefits, serving health care members, dental members, and group insurance customers. The Company offers medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities and health care management services for Medicaid plans.
- Quality Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:QSII): Shares of Quality Systems, Inc. are trading lower over 10% today. Analysts have been speculating Dell is looking for a deal and QSII was a possible target. Is the buzz fizzling after today’s drop? Quality Systems, Inc. develops and markets healthcare information systems. The Company’s systems automate medical and dental group practices, physical hospital organizations, management service organizations, community health centers, and dental schools.
- Visa Inc. (NYSE:V): Shares of Visa Inc. are trading higher today after delivering double-digit revenue growth in its latest quarterly release. Visa Inc. operates a retail electronic payments network and manages global financial services. The Company also offers global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>