Gainers (% price change)
- Excel Maritime Carriers (NYSE:EXM): The shares closed at $2.14, up $0.25, or 13.23%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $183.73 million. About the company: Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd. owns and operates dry bulk carrier vessels and provides worldwide sea borne transportation services for dry bulk cargo. Excel’s business strategy is to expand and diversify its fleet to achieve economies of scale and marketing strength in each of the drybulk sectors in which it operates.
- Genco Shipping & Trading (NYSE:GNK): The shares closed at $7.77, up $0.87, or 12.61%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $279.46 million. About the company: Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd. offers shipping services. The Company’s drybulk carrier ships transport iron ore, coal, grain, steel, and other products.
- Frontline Ltd. (NYSE:FRO): The shares closed at $4.86, up $0.46, or 10.45%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $378.39 million. About the company: Frontline Limited owns a fleet of very large crude carriers and Suezmax tankers that transport crude oil and oil products between ports. The Company’s vessels are managed by ship management companies. Frontline conducts activities worldwide.
- Quality Distribution, Inc (NASDAQ:QLTY): The shares closed at $10.47, up $0.96, or 10.09%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $249.45 million. About the company: Quality Distribution Inc. operates a dedicated bulk tank network across North America. The Company transports a broad range of chemical products and also provides transportation management, transloading, tank cleaning, dry-bulk handling, and other logistical services.
- Saia Inc. (NASDAQ:SAIA): The shares closed at $11.79, up $1.05, or 9.78%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $187.78 million. About the company: Saia, Inc. provides trucking transportation to the retail, petrochemical, and manufacturing industries. The Company offers regional, interregional, and national less-than-truckload services, and selected truckload services across the United States.
Losers (% price change)
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>