Gainers (% price change)
- Teekay LNG Partners L.P. (NYSE:TGP): The shares closed at $33.83, up $1.17, or 3.58%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.01 billion. About the company: Teekay LNG Partners LP transports liquified natural gas, compressed natural gas, and crude oil via its carriers and oil tankers.
- Golar LNG Limited (NASDAQ:GLNG): The shares closed at $33.74, up $0.94, or 2.87%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.70 billion. About the company: Golar LNG Ltd is a shipping company. The Company owns and operates a fleet of LNG (liquid natural gas) tankers, and several of the vessels are under long term charter contracts. The Company has also entered in to an agreement to build additional LNG tankers. Golar transports around the world.
- Martin Midstream Partners (NASDAQ:MMLP): The shares closed at $35.79, up $0.84, or 2.4%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $732.68 million. About the company: Martin Midstream Partners, LP. provides marine transportation, terminalling, distribution and logistical services for producers and suppliers of hydrocarbon products, specialty chemicals and other liquids. The Company manufactures and markets sulfur based fertilizers and related products. The Company primarily operates in the Gulf Coast region of the United States.
- Teekay Offshore Partners (NYSE:TOO): The shares closed at $27.55, up $0.49, or 1.81%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.52 billion. About the company: Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. provides marine transportation and storage services to the offshore oil industry.
- Intl. Shipholding Corp. (NYSE:ISH): The shares closed at $19.69, up $0.31, or 1.6%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $142.32 million. About the company: International Shipholding Corporation operates a diversified fleet of vessels that provide maritime transportation service to commercial and governmental customers. The Company’s fleet consists of ocean-going vessels, towboats, river barges, and special purpose barges. International Shipholding operates around the world.
Losers (% price change)
- Patriot Transportation (NASDAQ:PATR): The shares closed at $19.88, down $1.55, or 7.23%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $184.49 million. About the company: Patriot Transportation Holding, Inc. operates transportation and real estate businesses. The Company hauls liquid and dry bulk commodities by motor carrier and serves the flatbed portion of the trucking industry. Patriot also acquires, constructs, leases, operates, and manages land and buildings to generate both current cash flows and long-term capital appreciation.
- AMR Corporation (NYSE:AMR): The shares closed at $3.34, down $0.2, or 5.65%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.12 billion. About the company: AMR Corporation operates an airline that provides scheduled passenger, freight, and mail service throughout North America, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the Pacific. The Company also provides connecting service throughout the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. In addition, AMR provides aviation services, call center management services, and investment advisory services.
- Gol Linhas Aereas (NYSE:GOL): The shares closed at $7.20, down $0.43, or 5.64%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.95 billion. About the company: Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. provides low-fare, non-stop passenger flight services through its fleet of next generation Boeing airplanes. The company provides domestic flights in Brazil.
- Excel Maritime Carriers (NYSE:EXM): The shares closed at $2.35, down $0.13, or 5.24%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $200.05 million. About the company: Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd. owns and operates dry bulk carrier vessels and provides worldwide sea borne transportation services for dry bulk cargo. Excel’s business strategy is to expand and diversify its fleet to achieve economies of scale and marketing strength in each of the drybulk sectors in which it operates.
- Guangshen Railway Co. Ltd (NYSE:GSH): The shares closed at $17.10, down $0.78, or 4.36%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.42 billion. About the company: Guangshen Railway Company Limited provides railroad passenger, freight transportation, railway facilities, and technical services. The Company also sells food, beverages and merchandise on aboard and in train stations.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>