Gainers (% price change)
- Genco Shipping & Trading (NYSE:GNK): The shares closed at $7.93, up $0.04, or 0.51%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $285.21 million. About the company: Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd. offers shipping services. The Company’s drybulk carrier ships transport iron ore, coal, grain, steel, and other products.
- Tsakos Energy Navigation (NYSE:TNP): The shares closed at $5.75, up $0.01, or 0.17%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $264.97 million. About the company: Tsakos Energy Navigation Ltd. owns and operates a fleet of tankers. The fleet includes VLCC, suezmax, aframax, panamax, and handymax tankers suitable for transporting crude oil, refined petroleum products, and other liquids. The Company’s technical manager is Tsakos Shipping and Trading SA.
Losers (% price change)
- Atlas Air Worldwide Hldgs (NASDAQ:AAWW): The shares closed at $37.65, down $5.79, or 13.33%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $989.55 million. About the company: Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. is the parent company of Atlas Air, Inc., and Polar Air Cargo, Inc. Atlas provides aircraft, crew, maintenance, and insurance freighter aircraft to major airlines around the world. Polar operates a global, scheduled-service network and serves substantially all major trade lanes of the world. The Company also provides commercial and military charter services.
- Excel Maritime Carriers (NYSE:EXM): The shares closed at $2.14, down $0.24, or 10.08%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $182.17 million. About the company: Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd. owns and operates dry bulk carrier vessels and provides worldwide sea borne transportation services for dry bulk cargo. Excel’s business strategy is to expand and diversify its fleet to achieve economies of scale and marketing strength in each of the drybulk sectors in which it operates.
- GATX Corporation (NYSE:GMT): The shares closed at $31.09, down $3.18, or 9.28%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.45 billion. About the company: GATX Corporation is a specialized finance and leasing company focusing on the rail, marine and other targeted assets. The Company is a full service lessor of rail, tank and freight cars. GATX also manages transportation and other leased assets on behalf of third parties.
- DHT Holdings Inc (NYSE:DHT): The shares closed at $2.18, down $0.22, or 9.17%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $140.28 million. About the company: DHT Holdings, Inc. owns double-hull tanker ships. The Company leases their ships to other companies on long-term charters.
- Saia Inc. (NASDAQ:SAIA): The shares closed at $10.16, down $1, or 8.96%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $161.82 million. About the company: Saia, Inc. provides trucking transportation to the retail, petrochemical, and manufacturing industries. The Company offers regional, interregional, and national less-than-truckload services, and selected truckload services across the United States.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>