Under Armour: Exec Insider and Funds Sell Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UA).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Under Armour, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Plank Kevin A: act as President and CEO, 10% Owner. On 11/01/2011, sold 143,100 shares, worth $12,064,800.
- Plank Kevin A: act as President and CEO, 10% Owner(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/04/2011, sold 138,150 shares, worth $11,611,500.
- Plank Kevin A: act as President and CEO, 10% Owner. On 08/02/2011, sold 143,100 shares, worth $10,399,100.
- Plank Kevin A: act as President and CEO, 10% Owner. On 08/05/2011, sold 134,190 shares, worth $8,856,500.
- Plank J Scott: act as EVP of Business Development. On 11/01/2011, sold 46,875 shares, worth $3,952,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Under Armour, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- WELLINGTON MANAGEMENT CO LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,318,280 shares, worth $101,916,227. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PARTNER FUND MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 229,141 shares, worth $17,714,891. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- IMPALA ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 179,800 shares, worth $13,900,338. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Under Armour, Inc. develops, markets, and distributes branded performance products for men, women, and youth. The Company designs and sells a broad offering of apparel and accessories made of synthetic microfibers.
Competitors to Watch: Columbia Sportswear Company (NASDAQ:COLM), Crocs (NASDAQ:CROX), Deckers Outdoor (NASDAQ:DECK), Skechers (NYSE:SKX), K-Swiss (NASDAQ:KSWS), Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO), The Timberland Company (NYSE:TBL), LaCrosse Footwear (NASDAQ:BOOT), Phoenix Footwear (AMEX:PXG), Foot Locker (NYSE:FL), The Finish Line (NASDAQ:FINL) and Nike Inc. (NYSE:NKE).
(Note: Data regarding Under Armour, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>