Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE:UA).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Under Armour, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 702,100 shares, worth $46,626,461.
- TIGER CONSUMER MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 591,854 shares, worth $39,305,024.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 224,200 shares, worth $14,889,122.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 177,984 shares, worth $11,819,917.
- BENNETT LAWRENCE MANAGEMENT L L C/NY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 123,780 shares, worth $8,220,230.
About the company: Under Armour, Inc. develops, markets, and distributes branded performance products for men, women, and youth. The Company designs and sells a broad offering of apparel and accessories made of synthetic microfibers.
Competitors to Watch: Columbia Sportswear Company (NASDAQ:COLM), Crocs (NASDAQ:CROX), Deckers Outdoor (NASDAQ:DECK), Skechers (NYSE:SKX), K-Swiss (NASDAQ:KSWS), Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO), The Timberland Company (NYSE:TBL), LaCrosse Footwear (NASDAQ:BOOT), Phoenix Footwear (AMEX:PXG), Foot Locker (NYSE:FL), The Finish Line (NASDAQ:FINL) and Nike Inc. (NYSE:NKE).
(Note: Data regarding Under Armour, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>