Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE:UNP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Union Pacific Corporation in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,628,110 shares, worth $213,297,408.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,137,602 shares, worth $173,487,778.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 815,507 shares, worth $66,186,548.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 700,800 shares, worth $56,876,928.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 508,728 shares, worth $41,288,364.
About the company: Union Pacific Corporation is a rail transportation company. The Company’s railroad hauls a variety of goods, including agricultural, automotive, and chemical products. Union Pacific offersslong-haul routes from all major West Coast and Gulf Coast ports to eastern gateways as well as connects with Canada’s rail systems and serves the major gateways to Mexico.
Competitors to Watch: Kansas City Southern (NYSE:KSU), CSX Corporation (NYSE:CSX), Norfolk Southern Corp. (NYSE:NSC), Canadian National Railway (NYSE:CNI), Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. (NYSE:CP), Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE:GWR), Providence & Worcester Railroad Co. (NASDAQ:PWX) and RailAmerica, Inc. (NYSE:RA).
(Note: Data regarding Union Pacific Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>