Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of United States Steel Corp. (NYSE:X).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of United States Steel Corp. in Q3 2011:
- ORANGE CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 800,000 shares, worth $36,712,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 711,200 shares, worth $32,636,968. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LAZARD ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 582,705 shares, worth $26,740,332. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PERELLA WEINBERG PARTNERS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 500,000 shares, worth $22,945,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NEUBERGER BERMAN GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 358,132 shares, worth $16,434,677. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: United States Steel Corporation is an integrated steel producer with production operations in North America and Europe. The Company’s operations include coke production in both North America and Europe and iron ore pellets in North America, transportation services (railroad and barge operations), real estate operations, and engineering and consulting services in North America.
Competitors to Watch: AK Steel Holding Corp. (NYSE:AKS), Steel Dynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:STLD), Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE), ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT), Worthington Industries, Inc. (NYSE:WOR), POSCO (NYSE:PKX), Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX), Mechel OAO (NYSE:MTL), and Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE:SID).
(Note: Data regarding United States Steel Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>