Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of United States Steel Corp. (NYSE:X).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of United States Steel Corp. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,883,402 shares, worth $41,378,342.
- BRANDYWINE GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 789,665 shares, worth $17,348,940.
- EVEREST CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 738,600 shares, worth $16,227,042.
- BLUEMOUNTAIN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 226,460 shares, worth $4,975,326.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 104,641 shares, worth $2,298,963.
About the company: United States Steel Corporation is an integrated steel producer with production operations in North America and Europe. The Company’s operations include coke production in both North America and Europe and iron ore pellets in North America, transportation services (railroad and barge operations), real estate operations, and engineering and consulting services in North America.
Competitors to Watch: AK Steel Holding Corp. (NYSE:AKS), Steel Dynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:STLD), Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE), ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT), Worthington Industries, Inc. (NYSE:WOR), POSCO (NYSE:PKX), Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX), Mechel OAO (NYSE:MTL), and Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE:SID).
(Note: Data regarding United States Steel Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>