Unum Group: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Unum Group (NYSE:UNM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Unum Group’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Fossel Jon S: act as Director. On 08/29/2011, sold 10,035 shares, worth $236,400.
- Goldsberry Ronald E: act as Director. On 08/15/2011, sold 7,445 shares, worth $169,700.
- Fossel Jon S: act as Director. On 08/31/2011, sold 4,901 shares, worth $115,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Unum Group in Q3 2011:
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,510,459 shares, worth $38,154,194. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE SA: On 06/30/2011, held 843,511 shares, worth $21,307,088. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MT LUCAS MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 599,421 shares, worth $15,141,374. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 537,922 shares, worth $13,587,910. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PROSPECTOR PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 254,500 shares, worth $6,428,670. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Unum Group provides group disability and special risk insurance. The Company provides disability insurance, group life insurance, and payroll-deducted voluntary benefits offered to employees at their worksites.
Competitors to Watch: Principal Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:PFG), AFLAC Incorporated (NYSE:AFL), CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO), CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), American Independence Corp. (NASDAQ:AMIC), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS), and HealthMarkets, Inc. (NYSE:UCI).
(Note: Data regarding Unum Group’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>