US Airways Group: Financial Institutions Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE:LCC).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of US Airways Group, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CAPITAL GROWTH MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,880,000 shares, worth $26,840,000.
- MASTERS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,350,000 shares, worth $7,425,000.
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 858,225 shares, worth $4,720,238.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 754,502 shares, worth $4,149,761.
- PORTOLAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 605,696 shares, worth $3,331,328.
About the company: US Airways Group, Inc. is an air carrier that transports passengers, property, and mail. The Company provides regularly scheduled service at airports in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Caribbean, and Latin America.
Competitors to Watch: Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE:DAL), AMR Corporation (NYSE:AMR), Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE:LUV), JetBlue Airways Corp. (NASDAQ:JBLU), Alaska Air Group, Inc. (NYSE:ALK), United Continental Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:UAL), Republic Airways Hldgs. Inc. (NASDAQ:RJET), AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AAI), Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:HA), and Pinnacle Airlines Corp. (NASDAQ:PNCL).
(Note: Data regarding US Airways Group, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>