Gainers (% price change)
- Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (NASDAQ:CLNE): The shares closed at $11.02, up $0.83, or 8.15%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $775.46 million. About the company: Clean Energy Fuels Corporation designs, builds, finances and operates natural gas filling stations for vehicle fleets. The Company also helps its customers acquire and finance natural gas vehicles and obtain local, state, and federal clean air rebates and incentives.
- Suntech Power Hldgs. Co (NYSE:STP): The shares closed at $2.50, up $0.16, or 6.84%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $450.37 million. About the company: Suntech Power Holdings Company Ltd produces solar cells. The Company designs, develops, manufactures and markets a variety of photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules. Suntech Power is based in China.
- Veolia Environnement (ADR (NYSE:VE): The shares closed at $15.06, up $0.85, or 5.98%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $7.61 billion. About the company: Veolia Environnement operates utility and public transportation businesses. The Company supplies drinking water, provides waste management services, manages and maintains heating and air conditioning systems, and operates rail and road passenger transportation systems.
- Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE:WMB): The shares closed at $26.39, up $1.42, or 5.69%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $15.54 billion. About the company: The Williams Companies, Inc. is an integrated natural gas company that produces, gathers, processes and transports natural gas. The Company’s operations are concentrated in the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountains, Gulf Coast, the Eastern Seaboard, and the province of Alberta in Canada.
- ITC Holdings Corp. (NYSE:ITC): The shares closed at $74.09, up $3.64, or 5.17%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $3.80 billion. About the company: ITC Holdings Corporation is a holding company. Through subsidiaries, the Company transmits electricity from electricity generating stations to local electricity distribution facilities. ITC invests in electricity transmission infrastructure improvements as a means to improve electricity reliability and reduce congestion.
Losers (% price change)
- Crosstex Energy, L.P. (NASDAQ:XTEX): The shares closed at $15.49, down $0.02, or 0.1%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $784.51 million. About the company: Crosstex Energy, LP, is a midstream energy company which gathers, transmits, processes, and markets natural gas. The Company connects natural gas wells, largely in the Texas Gulf Coast area, to its gathering system, removes impurities and natural gas liquids, and transports the natural gas to industrial end-users, utilities, and other pipelines.
- National Grid plc (NYSE:NGG): The shares closed at $50.57, down $0.02, or 0.04%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $35.52 billion. About the company: National Grid PLC owns, operates and develops electricity and gas networks. The Group’s electricity transmission and gas distribution networks are located throughout the United Kingdom and in the north-eastern section of the United States. They also own liquefied natural gas storage facilities in Britain and provide infrastructure services to the mobile telecom industry.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>