Valero Energy: Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Valero Energy Corp. (NYSE:VLO).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Valero Energy Corp. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,712,633 shares, worth $47,932,225.
- PILOT ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 905,940 shares, worth $16,007,960.
- POLAR SECURITIES INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 657,631 shares, worth $11,620,340.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 530,394 shares, worth $9,372,062.
- MT LUCAS MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 375,901 shares, worth $6,642,171.
About the company: Valero Energy Corporation is an independent petroleum refining and marketing company that owns and operates refineries in the United States, Canada, and Aruba. The Company produces conventional gasolines, distillates, jet fuel, asphalt, petrochemicals, lubricants, and other refined products as well as diesel fuel, low-sulfur and ultra-low-sulfur diesel fuel, and oxygenates.
Competitors to Watch: Tesoro Corporation (NYSE:TSO), Alon USA Energy, Inc. (NYSE:ALJ), Western Refining, Inc. (NYSE:WNR), Sunoco, Inc. (NYSE:SUN), CVR Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CVI), Frontier Oil Corporation (NYSE:FTO), Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Holly Corporation (NYSE:HOC), Delek US Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:DK), and Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM).
(Note: Data regarding Valero Energy Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>