Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Varian Medical Systems Inc. (NYSE:VAR).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Varian Medical Systems Inc. in Q3 2011:
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,361,660 shares, worth $123,184,186.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 760,762 shares, worth $39,681,346.
- CS MCKEE LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 350,810 shares, worth $18,298,250.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 270,147 shares, worth $14,090,868.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 182,588 shares, worth $9,523,790.
About the company: Varian Medical Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and services equipment and software products for treating cancer with radiotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery and brachytherapy. The Company also supplies products that include x-ray tubes, linear accelerators, digital image detectors, image processing software and image detection products.
Competitors to Watch: Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY), TomoTherapy Incorporated (NASDAQ:TOMO), North American Scientific, Inc. (NASMQ), Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ:HOLX), Theragenics Corporation (NYSE:TGX), BSD Medical Corporation (NASDAQ:BSDM), iCAD, INC. (NASDAQ:ICAD), IsoRay, Inc. (AMEX:ISR), and General Electric Company (NYSE:GE).
(Note: Data regarding Varian Medical Systems Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>