Veeco Instruments: Big Institutional Investors Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ:VECO).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought Veeco Instruments Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Veeco Instruments Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PAULSON MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,000,000 shares, worth $73,200,000.
- FIRST PACIFIC ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 501,400 shares, worth $12,234,160.
- STELLIAM INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 475,000 shares, worth $11,590,000.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 218,609 shares, worth $5,334,060.
- ING INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (EUROPE) B.V.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 215,700 shares, worth $5,263,080.
About the company: Veeco Instruments Inc. manufactures enabling solutions for customers in the HB-LED, solar, data storage, semiconductor, scientific research and industrial markets. The Company has technology positions in three businesses: LED & Solar Process Equipment, Data Storage Process Equipment, and Metrology Instruments.
Competitors to Watch: Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT), Aixtron AG (NASDAQ:AIXG), CVD Equipment Corporation (NASDAQ:CVV), Cree, Inc. (NASDAQ:CREE), Intevac, Inc. (NASDAQ:IVAC), Amtech Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASYS), Zygo Corporation (NASDAQ:ZIGO), Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. (NYSE:WFR), and Novellus Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:NVLS).
(Note: Data regarding Veeco Instruments Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)