Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ:VECO).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Veeco Instruments Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Kiernan John P: act as SVP Finance & Corp. Controller. On 06/30/2011, sold 4,583 shares, worth $224,600.
- Elftmann Joel A: act as Director. On 07/25/2011, sold 5,000 shares, worth $204,200.
- Collingwood Peter: act as SVP WW Sales & Field Service. On 06/30/2011, sold 1,840 shares, worth $88,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Veeco Instruments Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SLOANE ROBINSON LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,747,800 shares, worth $133,020,998. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CALAMOS ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 898,017 shares, worth $43,473,003. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LAZARD ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 271,040 shares, worth $13,121,046. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RCM (UK) LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 229,267 shares, worth $11,098,815. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MUHLENKAMP & CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 225,075 shares, worth $10,895,881. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Veeco Instruments Inc. manufactures enabling solutions for customers in the HB-LED, solar, data storage, semiconductor, scientific research and industrial markets. The Company has technology positions in three businesses: LED & Solar Process Equipment, Data Storage Process Equipment, and Metrology Instruments.
Competitors to Watch: Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT), Aixtron AG (NASDAQ:AIXG), CVD Equipment Corporation (NASDAQ:CVV), Cree, Inc. (NASDAQ:CREE), Intevac, Inc. (NASDAQ:IVAC), Amtech Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASYS), Zygo Corporation (NASDAQ:ZIGO), Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. (NYSE:WFR), and Novellus Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:NVLS).
(Note: Data regarding Veeco Instruments Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>