VeriSign: Major Shareholders Cashing Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of VeriSign Inc. (NASDAQ:VRSN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold VeriSign Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Moore Roger H/ca: act as Director. On 11/15/2011, sold 23,699 shares, worth $784,400.
- Mclaughlin Mark D: act as CEO and President(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 07/14/2011, sold 8,363 shares, worth $280,200.
- Cote Kathleen A: act as Director. On 07/27/2011, sold 1,296 shares, worth $43,500.
- Tomlinson Timothy: act as Director. On 07/27/2011, sold 1,295 shares, worth $42,400.
- Cote Kathleen A: act as Director. On 10/27/2011, sold 1,110 shares, worth $34,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of VeriSign Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,640,832 shares, worth $54,902,239. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WESTFIELD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,523,520 shares, worth $50,976,979. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,224,447 shares, worth $40,969,997. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MILLENNIUM MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 600,098 shares, worth $20,079,279. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EAGLE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 458,467 shares, worth $15,340,306. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: VeriSign, Inc. provides Internet infrastructure services needed by websites, enterprises,electronic commerce providers, and individuals to conduct electronic commerce and communications over Internet protocol networks. The Company also provides Internet domain registration services for all all .com, .net, .cc, .tv, .name and .jobs domain namesand.
Competitors to Watch: Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC), Tucows Inc. (AMEX:TCX), Innodata Isogen, Inc. (NASDAQ:INOD), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), InterNAP Network Services (NASDAQ:INAP), Web.com Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:WWWW), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO), Neustar, Inc (NYSE:NSR), SAVVIS, Inc. (NASDAQ:SVVS), and Wave Systems Corp. (NASDAQ:WAVX).
(Note: Data regarding VeriSign Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>