Vertex Pharmaceuticals: Insiders and Institutional Investors Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ:VRTX).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Mueller Peter: act as EVP, Global R&D, CSO. On 09/20/2011, sold 25,000 shares, worth $1,312,500.
- Boger Kenneth S: act as SVP & Chief Legal Officer. On 09/13/2011, sold 22,000 shares, worth $1,100,000.
- Mueller Peter: act as EVP, Global R&D, CSO. On 09/15/2011, sold 9,500 shares, worth $476,800.
- Mueller Peter: act as EVP, Global R&D, CSO. On 08/29/2011, sold 9,500 shares, worth $427,600.
- Boger Joshua S: act as Director. On 09/21/2011, sold 4,000 shares, worth $211,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated in Q3 2011:
- CAMBER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 500,000 shares, worth $25,995,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SUFFOLK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 326,300 shares, worth $16,964,337. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREEN ARROW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 250,000 shares, worth $12,997,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 138,000 shares, worth $7,174,620. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- S.A.C. GLOBAL INVESTORS, LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 135,000 shares, worth $7,018,650. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated discovers, develops, and commercializes novel, small molecule pharmaceuticals for the treatment of diseases for which there are currently limited or no effective treatments. The Company is developing drugs for the treatment of viral diseases, multidrug resistance in cancer, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases.
Competitors to Watch: Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), InterMune, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITMN), Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD), Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS), Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDIX), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), and Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ:HGSI).
(Note: Data regarding Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>