Vertex Pharmaceuticals: Institutional Investors Buying Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ:VRTX).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 842,792 shares, worth $37,470,532.
- CANNELL PETER B & CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 468,125 shares, worth $20,812,838.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 263,545 shares, worth $11,717,211.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 187,848 shares, worth $8,351,722.
- COMMERZBANK AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT /FI: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 112,722 shares, worth $5,011,620.
About the company: Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated discovers, develops, and commercializes novel, small molecule pharmaceuticals for the treatment of diseases for which there are currently limited or no effective treatments. The Company is developing drugs for the treatment of viral diseases, multidrug resistance in cancer, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases.
Competitors to Watch: Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), InterMune, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITMN), Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD), Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS), Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDIX), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), and Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ:HGSI).
(Note: Data regarding Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>