Visa: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Visa, Inc. (NYSE:V).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Visa, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Lucio Antonio: act as CMO & Gbl Hd Strat & Corp Dev. On 10/12/2011, sold 64,499 shares, worth $5,881,000.
- Partridge John: act as President. On 11/28/2011, sold 16,413 shares, worth $1,532,200.
- Floum Joshua R.: act as General Counsel. On 10/28/2011, sold 15,250 shares, worth $1,448,800.
- Floum Joshua R.: act as General Counsel. On 09/14/2011, sold 15,249 shares, worth $1,372,400.
- Saunders Joseph W: act as Chairman and CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 09/19/2011, sold 12,420 shares, worth $1,114,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Visa, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ATTARA CAPITAL LP: On 06/30/2011, held 982,807 shares, worth $82,477,163. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SURSUM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 899,700 shares, worth $75,502,824. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 754,101 shares, worth $63,284,156. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SENATOR INVESTMENT GROUP LP: On 06/30/2011, held 425,000 shares, worth $35,666,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CORTLAND ASSOCIATES INC/MO: On 06/30/2011, held 391,841 shares, worth $32,883,297. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Visa Inc. operates a retail electronic payments network and manages global financial services. The Company also offers global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
Competitors to Watch: MasterCard Incorporated (NYSE:MA), Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE:FIS), American Express Company (NYSE:AXP), Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS), Green Dot Corporation (NYSE:GDOT), NetSpend Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:NTSP), CompuCredit Holdings Corp (NASDAQ:CCRT), Alliance Data Systems Corp. (NYSE:ADS), Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ:FISV), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), JP Morgan Chase (NYSE:JPM) and MoneyGram Intl., Inc. (NYSE:MGI).
(Note: Data regarding Visa, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>