Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. (NYSE:VSI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- TCW GROUP INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 355,187 shares, worth $13,298,201.
- STRS OHIO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 270,000 shares, worth $10,108,800.
- PERIMETER CAPITAL PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 231,966 shares, worth $8,684,807.
- AMERICAN CENTURY COMPANIES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 77,187 shares, worth $2,889,881.
- GENEVA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LTD/WI: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 72,425 shares, worth $2,711,592.
About the company: Vitamin Shoppe, Inc., sells vitamins, minerals, herbs, supplements, sports nutrition and health and wellness products. The Company sells their products through their retail shops, internet and catalog operations.
Competitors to Watch: Vitacost.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:VITC), CVS (NYSE:CVS), drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ:DSCM), China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. (NYSE:NPD), Graymark Healthcare Inc (NASDAQ:GRMH), Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD), PetMed Express, Inc. (NASDAQ:PETS), Sally Beauty Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:SBH), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Walgreen Company (NYSE:WAG), and Perfumania Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:PERF).
(Note: Data regarding Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>